News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG LX: Host Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, October 06, 2013, 08:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i actually meant 18 hours and 42 minutes

BlackDragonSlayer's TWG LX: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra
2 (13.3%)
mysteryguy's TWG LX: The ULTIMATE MYSTERY!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!
1 (6.7%)
Bird's TWG LX: 2fool4skool
12 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: October 11, 2013, 06:55:25 AM

Waddle Bro

I consider Bird's game A+++++

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on October 07, 2013, 12:04:43 PMAbout the navigation: I still think it's a bit much in favor of the wolves, and I would rather see an equil amount of human-benificial locations (especially if they could give normal humans additional powers). I would also suggest not having two locations without effect (I can understeand you want one location without effect, but in this case it's possible that all day phases have no additional effect trough navigation) especially since they're both day phase locations (I can understeand if you make one night-phase no-effect location and one day-phase no-effect location). A final note about the location is that they're all specific for one role, which means that if the corresponding role dies, the location becomes effectively effectless (no pun intended).
In favor of the wolves?

Given that the starting location allows the seer to seer the exact role of a person, that's either another confirmed human, or if they're really lucky, a wolf caught from the start (adding another tour guide would be five confirmed or nearly confirmed humans from the start of the game, which would be way too much, especially with the possibility of two guardings; the same with a herring: it provides a bunch of confirmed humans, unless one of the wolves were seered blue). Speaking of which, I should probably change that to a one-time effect.
Also, while I'm talking about players with powers, you mentioned the number of normal humans being too high: might it be better to add a charismatic human instead of a herring?

Also, you say that the game having two normal wolves is a problem, but the effect of the locations is meant to benefit them temporarily instead of giving them those powers permanently (which might make it harder for the humans to lynch somebody with the number of wolves if one of them was permanently a charismatic; essentially, it would further outbalance the tour guides' powers).

And, I can see what you mean about the number of players, but decreasing it would cause more trouble for the game (needing for a revamp of the navigation system that would make it, at least in my opinion, way too predictable and having less variety, given that there are only three locations to choose from instead of four), and might even cause it to become slightly more unbalanced (especially later in the game if the seer and guardian are still alive).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

To make a quick announcement, I just want to say that we won't be having mystery accounts for hosting TWGs anymore.  The higher ups on the forum don't really like the idea of multiple accounts (even if reserved for TWG only).  An exception was made for the TWG Accounts, but admins are still a bit uneasy about allowing individual Players to have personal accounts.

Sorry if I've caused any inconvenience in announcing so late.  In hindsight, this should have been made sooner (especially since this has been done a few times in the past), but better late than never, I suppose.  Sorry again for the trouble!

Mashi

mysteryguy will still be able to host the game, but will instead use one of the TWG accounts.

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 07, 2013, 02:56:28 PMIn favor of the wolves?

Given that the starting location allows the seer to seer the exact role of a person, that's either another confirmed human, or if they're really lucky, a wolf caught from the start (adding another tour guide would be five confirmed or nearly confirmed humans from the start of the game, which would be way too much, especially with the possibility of two guardings; the same with a herring: it provides a bunch of confirmed humans, unless one of the wolves were seered blue). Speaking of which, I should probably change that to a one-time effect.
Also, while I'm talking about players with powers, you mentioned the number of normal humans being too high: might it be better to add a charismatic human instead of a herring?

Also, you say that the game having two normal wolves is a problem, but the effect of the locations is meant to benefit them temporarily instead of giving them those powers permanently (which might make it harder for the humans to lynch somebody with the number of wolves if one of them was permanently a charismatic; essentially, it would further outbalance the tour guides' powers).

And, I can see what you mean about the number of players, but decreasing it would cause more trouble for the game (needing for a revamp of the navigation system that would make it, at least in my opinion, way too predictable and having less variety, given that there are only three locations to choose from instead of four), and might even cause it to become slightly more unbalanced (especially later in the game if the seer and guardian are still alive).

For starters, the role the seer could seer the first time in the overworld could also be another Tour Guide, so it's not for certain that there will be a four player alliance or one dead wolf. There's also a chance that wolves infiltrate the alliance, which means that the seer and his buddy would only have a two player alliance (Guardian and especially Psychic are pretty easy to fake claim). You said that a Herring could become a confirmed human if seered by the Seer, because you have no blue wolf. My reaction to that is that you could make a wolf a painter so that he can decide between painting humans red, wolves green or wolves blue. A charismatic human would definitely make the game better for me, but I wonder, were you talking about a charismatic that knows he's the charismatic or that doesn't know he's the charismatic?
(and if you're adding a charismatic, you might as well add a human with vote power 0).

I get your point that the powers the other wolves get through locations make them stronger, but I didn't mean that you had to give them nessecairly those effects. As I said earlier, you could make one of them a painter, or a Shaman, which I think the wolf team needs, because otherwise it's going to be hard for them to find the special humans.

I don't think it'll be too hard reworking the Navigation while keeping four locations for each phase. First of all, not all locations, in my opinion, have to benefit one team. They could also hinder said team (like making Myu-Maron seer'd red, giving unaccurate seering results, guardian having a chance of his guard failing). You could also use some locations to upgrade normal humans (like making them a herring, charismatic, loose cannon or immune to conversions or something like that).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Mashi

Poll will be up in 8 hours and 39 minutes!!!

mikey

Hey how do I sign up for TWG?
unmotivated

Mashi

After Host Sign Ups are over (what we're voting for in this topic's poll), the winning Host will make a Player Sign Ups thread.  Post "In" in that thread to join the game.  Once Player Sign Ups have filled, the Game Thread will be put up.  The Host will PM you your Role and the game will begin!

Waddle Bro

poll is visible mashi darling

Mashi

nsm poll check boxes hate me
this is fact

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on October 08, 2013, 08:46:57 AMFor starters, the role the seer could seer the first time in the overworld could also be another Tour Guide, so it's not for certain that there will be a four player alliance or one dead wolf. There's also a chance that wolves infiltrate the alliance, which means that the seer and his buddy would only have a two player alliance (Guardian and especially Psychic are pretty easy to fake claim).
Um, claiming night 1 would invalidate this (seer claims, if there are multiple counterclaims, seers counterclaimers)...

QuoteYou said that a Herring could become a confirmed human if seered by the Seer, because you have no blue wolf. My reaction to that is that you could make a wolf a painter so that he can decide between painting humans red, wolves green or wolves blue.
As I said, this might easily unbalance the game, if the wolves' had permanent powers that could overpower the human special' powers. Adding too many permanent powers, especially those of a shaman and painter, would easily balance the game too heavily toward the wolves, given that there are four of them.

QuoteI don't think it'll be too hard reworking the Navigation while keeping four locations for each phase. First of all, not all locations, in my opinion, have to benefit one team. They could also hinder said team (like making Myu-Maron seer'd red, giving unaccurate seering results, guardian having a chance of his guard failing). You could also use some locations to upgrade normal humans (like making them a herring, charismatic, loose cannon or immune to conversions or something like that).
That would pretty much eliminate the point of having it in the first place instead of just regular powers...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

verm verm told me bird won a landslide victory he was not joking

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Mashi on October 09, 2013, 08:59:01 PMverm verm told me bird won a landslide victory he was not joking
but who got second

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

You did again, congratulations!!!