News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Stereoscopic 3D on the Nintendo 3DS

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2014, 11:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of 3D on the system?

I love it. It adds depth to my favorite games and allows me to immerse myself more in their worlds.
I like it, but it's unnecessary.
I hate it. It gives me a headache and doesn't add anything to the experience.
I have a Nintendo 2DS.

fingerz

Yeah, I've been playing Pokemon X again and it really surprises me how some of the 3D isn't lagged on certain screens. For example, not a hint of lag whilst playing Super Training, cutscenes or the normal battle view in Pokemon battles. It's only when the camera starts to pan that we get ultra lag... Really shits me off!  >:(

But yeah, I really love 3D. There's only some games I've played where I've thought it's not that essential. Super Pokemon Rumble was like that and so was New Super Mario Bros. 2. I think Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. is fine, but I know what Slow means; it wasn't anything special. I tend to think that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land and Paper Mario Sticker Star are almost essential to play in 3D. The only reason I hated the Super Mario Galaxy series was because it had no depth perception at all and the Wii remote + nunchuck is probably the most derpy control system EVER!! XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Er, you're right on everything except Super Mario Galaxy. You totally lost me there, those are my favorite 3D Mario games and I never had any issues with controls or "depth perception."
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Yeah, I just find using a Wii remote and nunckuck incredibly awful and I can't tell where I'm supposed to jump... I guess it may be due to playing Super Mario 3D Land before them. Having 3D in that game makes it SO much easier, so I get jacked off playing the Galaxy games because I keep falling of edges and misjudging... And why on earth do you lose all your lives when you stop playing the game? Most balls move ever by Nintendo...  >:(
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn