News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

That Marching Band topic

Started by the_last_sheikah, August 10, 2012, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_last_sheikah

Band camps have started for most everyone and that first game is soon to come.  Post your joys, rants, pics, stories, vids, or whatever about your band here.

I can't wait for the band camp spirit days next week.  Monday is pirate day, so my friends and I are are going to carry around pirated DVDs and music, just for teh lulz.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Zunawe

First to post! I love marching band. I hate that we keep changing stuff from each year though. Last year we had heels on the end of the yardline, everything was based on our left foot. This year it's centered. Last year we held our horns parallel to the field. This year it's 10 degrees above. Last year I put my thumb behind the first valve on my baritone. This year it's between the second and first valves (you have no idea how much of a difference that makes unless you try it.).
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

How have I missed this?! :o

Yah, marching bands are cool. I usually am a substitute if someone in my friend's marching band is sick. And yes, our country HAS marching bands. I also give suggestions too. :)

Zunawe

Substitute? I hope you don't mean for field shows. Learning all the drill would be overwhelming.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Yes, I once saved the day. But I played drums and learned the steps in a day. So it was kinda easy.

K-NiGhT

Omg. the shit that goes on in my marching band is so funny. I'll post a bunch of stuff later.

also, mini bump
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

First performance next Saturday. Our marching band is way too serious. It's stopped being awesomely fun, and it's just kinda fun after competitions.

I have a bunch of things to complain about, but I guess I'll do that later.

I program things

Kman96

My PEP Band performs tomorrow at our Homecoming Assembly and then our football game...first pep band game of the season, and probably the last, since our new band director is a lazy-ass.

EDIT: OH, not to mention: I'm the only Percussionist able to make it out of our three percussionists, because the other two are Cheerleaders... -_-

...I'm playing a snare with a Hi-hat and a suspended cymbal, because there's no room in the stands for a trapset :-\  yay for innovation. /rant
Party Hard!
[close]

the_last_sheikah

Well, it's almost half way through our season, and now we have a new show for tomorrow.
You all remember what I said our first show was?  Adelle, Somebody I used to know, Party Rock, and Empire state of mind.
For the new show we're keeping Somebody, but the rest are gone and now we play What makes you beautiful, and Some nights/we are young.

Kill me.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

the_last_sheikah

Kman96

Had a game on Friday for pep band.

The other team brought their marching band. Pssh.

Our band was maesly, uncoordinating dress-wise, and our playing sucked, while the other team had matching outfits, sounded relatively decent, and were organized. I kept comparing the situation to the Revolutionary War...and we beat 'em pretty bad, thus completing the reincarnation of the War.

...Also I broke my first drumstick EVER!!!
Party Hard!
[close]

Zunawe

We had our first competition yesterday. Yes, we started really late. Anyway, the score was a 58 something.

(NOTE: Colorado bands are not Texas bands, Nebraska bands, Florida bands, etc. . .)

I program things