How to get an accidental to show in a measure?

Started by SlowPokemon, August 01, 2012, 06:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Alright, well I'm arranging a piece and in one measure, there are a few accidentals that don't "agree" with the key signature, so to speak--this is pretty common in music. However, on professional sheets, sometimes there is a natural sign next to the note in the next measure even though it wasn't an accidental since the previous measure. Is there any way to do this in Finale? I feel it would make it easier to play.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Might be a full Finale feature, but if you use the selection tool, double click a note, and press p, that should add a "cautionary accidental".
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on August 01, 2012, 06:57:34 PMMight be a full Finale feature, but if you use the selection tool, double click a note, and press p, that should add a "cautionary accidental".
that should work on all finale versions.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

I have the full Finale, thank you so much! This should help a lot in future arranging.

Edit: for this to work, you need to be using speedy entry. Just a note!

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 01, 2012, 07:32:31 PMI have the full Finale, thank you so much! This should help a lot in future arranging.

Edit: for this to work, you need to be using speedy entry. Just a note!
It should work in simple entry :\.

SlowPokemon

hmm let me check again... yeah you're right. I was confused about bespinben's comment "using the selection tool" :P

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 01, 2012, 07:46:14 PMhmm let me check again... yeah you're right. I was confused about bespinben's comment "using the selection tool" :P

Mhm. Double clicking something with the selection tool selects the relevant tool so you don't have to figure out how to edit something.