The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

If I wanted to help with arranging...

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, June 18, 2012, 11:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

So... if I wanted to help with arranging:
  • What software should I use?
  • How would I make a PDF, MUS, or MID file?

Also, I would prefer it if you could give me a link to the proper formatting used for NinSheetMusic's sheets. Thank you.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bespinben

Ideally, you should use Finale software to make arrangements, since all submissions require an .mus file to get to the main site. Finale Notepad 2012 is free, btw.

An MUS file is simply the project document of any score produced in Finale, much like how a DOCX file is the project document of a paper written in Microsoft Word 2007.
A MID file (or Midi), is a barebones file of pure note and rhythm data of a song, and is understood universally by almost all computers. However, because the file contains only information pertaining to notes and rhythms, it retains no details about the visual aspects of the sheet music. A MIDI file can be created in Finale when you finish your score.
A PDF can be easily produced by using a third-party pdf creator. I recommend PrimoPDF. What you do is when you finish your score in Finale, go to Print, and set PrimoPDF as the printer, thus sending the score to the program and making a PDF out of it.

This is the page containing the formatting rules for all submissions: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=481.0
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bespinben on June 19, 2012, 12:01:59 AMIdeally, you should use Finale software to make arrangements, since all submissions require an .mus file to get to the main site. Finale Notepad 2012 is free, btw.

An MUS file is simply the project document of any score produced in Finale, much like how a DOCX file is the project document of a paper written in Microsoft Word 2007.
A MID file (or Midi), is a barebones file of pure note and rhythm data of a song, and is understood universally by almost all computers. However, because the file contains only information pertaining to notes and rhythms, it retains no details about the visual aspects of the sheet music. A MIDI file can be created in Finale when you finish your score.
A PDF can be easily produced by using a third-party pdf creator. I recommend PrimoPDF. What you do is when you finish your score in Finale, go to Print, and set PrimoPDF as the printer, thus sending the score to the program and making a PDF out of it.

This is the page containing the formatting rules for all submissions: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=481.0

Thank you very much! :D
I'll be trying to arrange a theme I requested. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber