News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Mind Uploading?

Started by K-NiGhT, April 09, 2013, 04:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

I heard about this today.

Discuss?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

JDMEK5

Well honestly I don't believe this will ever happen. At least not in my lifetime which is synonymous with, "I don't need to worry about this as well since I already have enough that takes all my time and doesn't involve me at all anyways."

Why am I so skeptical? It involves making something out of nothing. Something we humans have never been able to do completely on our own.
Do I think we ever will be able to spontaneously make something out of nothing? No. Primarily for reasons you don't want me to go over because it would probably get this topic locked.

Those are my thoughts.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bubbles

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 09, 2013, 04:23:48 PMDo I think we ever will be able to spontaneously make something out of nothing? No.
maybe if we get a philosophers stone

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 09, 2013, 04:25:52 PMmaybe if we get a philosophers stone

You are seriously obsessed.

That would be interesting, but so incredibly fallible that it would take years to perfect.  This is the human brain we're talking about.  The most complex thing known to man.  In the history of the world.  Forcing it into something man-made is like the history of the world into a ten-page novella.

spitllama

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 09, 2013, 04:23:48 PMDo I think we ever will be able to spontaneously make something out of nothing? No.

Psh the Fed does it all the time
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

JDMEK5

What was it they said?, "When you open your eyes and look at new surroundings, your brain receives and processes enough information in one split-second to keep the world's current fastest super-computer busy for 10 years."

(This is from memory so the numbers may be a bit off)

My Arrangements