News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Favorite Game Soundtracks

Started by SlowPokemon, April 27, 2012, 10:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Uhm I know this is such a broad question. But list some of you favorites here.

Super Mario Galaxy / Super Mario Galaxy 2: Nintendo's foray into the live orchestra was fantastic. Most near perfect game soundtracks ever.

LOZ Ocarina of Time: The nostalgia and awe overwhelms me whenever I hear this soundtrack.

Super Mario 64: the exotic, happy themes in this game are what I consider to be Kondo's finest work, better than his fewer than ten songs for the whole galaxy series anyway.

Pokemon Black and White: love the electronic sound, and sheer multitude and complexity of the score for this game.

Pokemon GS: This is probably the most classic Pokemon soundtrack, with simple chiptunes that are quite beautiful in their own way.

Pokemon RS: A blatant trumpet sound dominates this score, a very distinctive blend of beautiful pieces and scattered tunes.

Pokemon DP: This is simply one of Pokemon's best soundtracks. With some of the cleverest music ever to hit the series, Game Freak's first DS venture delivers.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: simplicity cannot be overestimated. The cuteness and sometimes sheer beauty of this music hits me hard in the heart.

Professor Layton: the accordion, piano, and violin dominate this wonderful French-influenced, sometimes wonderfully jazzy, series.

Cave Story: a surprisingly clever score to a surprisingly ambitious game. Worth a listen, definitely.

There, I listed some obvious ones. Go ahead and comment on the topic.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

These are my favs:
-Cave Story- all three OSTs
-Skullgirls
-Jet Force Gemini
-Super Mario Bros. 2
-Super Mario Galaxy 1
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
-The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Top 5, in no particular order:
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario 64
- Super Mario RPG
- The Neverhood
- Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Cobraroll

- Pokémon Red/Blue and Ruby/Sapphire had some great soundtracks. I honestly can't see what people see in the D/P soundtrack, it's all just a bunch of "look how many instruments we can have playing at the same time!!!" to me.

- Super Mario 64 is totally awesome, soundtrack-wise too.

- Might just be that I spent three times more time with the original, but I largely prefer Super Mario Galaxy 1's soundtrack over the (still quite good) soundtrack of the second installment.

- The Zelda games deserve a mention, as always. I spent loads of time playing WindWaker, not quite as much on Phantom Hourglass, and still progressing slowly on Twilight Princess whenever I'm at my parents' place.

- Super Smash Brawl is a giant among giants. More than three hundred epic songs from a host of different games. It also includes the Melee soundtrack, which was a work of art in itself.

- The "The Sims" series deserves more love than it gets. True, there are many crappy electro-themes there, but among the titanic soundtrack of the series, there are quite a few gems.

- SMW2: Yoshi's Island should also be mentioned. That game had atmosphere in spades.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Pit0010

mine are in no order

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Zelda Series: TP, SS, ST and PH
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Xenoblade Chronicles
Super mario in 3d land
Shadow of the Colossus (i only got one track but it is one of the best soundtracks i've got)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

FluteNinja

Pokemon RSE
LOZ Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
LOZ Skyward Sword
Pokemon GS
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Super Smash Bros. Remixes :D
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Nebbles

Okami
Every Pokemon game ever
Skyward Sword
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and 64
Earthbound has snazzy music too
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Greg

Super Mario Galaxy 1,2
Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl
Pokemon DP
Super Mario 64

fabbemannen

hmm, top 3 series/games
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (if Nintendo-games got good music, this OST is the definition of good music!)
2. Wild Arms-series (I seriously loved most of the songs in the Wild Arms-games)
1. Chrono Cross (I could easily take maybe 20 of them and put in my top 100 without even thinking twice, if I did think twice, I would probably add even more songs from that game)

SuperFireKirby

1.Dark Cloud 2
2.Shadow of the Colossus (glad to see I'm not the only one with it on their list. It's BEAUTIFUL)
3.Kirby's Adventure

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ChrisLeeFan1118

Nearly every single song from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. ;D
I used to be very conceited, that has all changed; now I'm Perfect!

SpoonyBardCanon01

I don't know if I have a favorite soundtrack per se....... Perhaps Super Mario Sunshine (consistently good pieces) and Animal Crossing(pretty catchy pieces)...... There are too many good songs to list, but these are pretty consistent about producing good songs.
Does anyone else think that FFII's "Fighting" would sound good in a rock cover?

insaneintherain

My top OSTS:

-Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
-Donkey Kong 64
-Pokemon R/S/E
-Cave Story
-Animal Crossing
-Dragon Quest

starrgrl24

Kirby's Epic Yarn is hands down my all-time favorite video game soundtrack. I absolutely love the overall style and mood of the music. The soundtrack also gets extra points for featuring piano in a variety of music to set up the various styles and mood.

Other soundtracks I enjoy:
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
-Yoshi's Story
-Cave Story (never played the game but I downloaded the ost and LOVED it)
-Super Mario Galazy 1/2
-Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
-Metroid Zero Mission/Metroid (NES)

I like chocolate. :3