News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

K-NiGhT's Story: Silent Blades!

Started by K-NiGhT, January 23, 2012, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Silent Blades

Chapter 1: It Begins

It was a bright and sunny morning in the small town of Le Mars. The sun had decided to rise awfully quickly on this particular morning. 12 year old Marty Balmer was lying in his bed, sawing logs like it was his job, when all of a sudden, a loud, thundering noise that sounded like a stampede of wild elephants came charging through the door to his room. He awoke with a start to find a young girl flying through the room and crashing onto his bed, nearly crushing him.

"Ow!" he yelled. "Molly, what the hell was that for?"

Molly looked at him. "Mom said i had to get you up this morning REEEALY early because you had to be to school for something important. Better get up quick!"

"Oh, crap!" Marty said aloud. "If i'm late for symphony again i'll get kicked out! Thanks, sis!"

"No problem, bro!" Molly called out as she watched her brother run out of his room, clothes and backpack in tow. She wondered why he had been so tired lately. In fact, she wondered why the whole family had been so tired lately. It always seemed to happen around this time every year, right around their birthdays. She shrugged her shoulders. It could just be a coincedence. At least, she hoped so.

Later, Marty had made it to school with mere minutes to spare. He sprinted through the hallways, hoping that he'd catch Mr. Hallberg in a good mood today. He was so focused on running, he didn't notice that he'd bumped into Taylor Shipley until the very second he hit the ground.

"Ow," they both said simultaneously. They looked at each other. Taylor was a girl in Marty's class, exactly 20 days older than him. Her long blond hair was almost always pulled back in a ponytail, and she wore glasses, just like Marty. She always loved to read books, and she was also into animè. God, they were perfect for each other, but he could never find the courage to tell her that.

"Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry!" Taylor said.

"Totally my fault, don't worry about it," Marty replied. "I'll see you later, ok?"

"Uh...yeah! Sure. See you-" Taylor didn't get to finish her sentence because Marty was already halfway down the hall.

Marty finally made it to the orchestra room. It was in a rather odd location, wedged in between the middle school and high school, but that was because Mr. Hallberg, the orchestra teacher, taught both middle and high school orchestras, on top of the elementary school. Marty opened the door, only to find that the lights were all out, and there didn't seem to be a soul in the room. Marty found the light switch, flicked it on and...

"SUPRISE!!!"

Marty, still half asleep, wasn't sure what to make of this. Then a taller boy with long blond hair came up to him.

"Happy 13th birthday Marty!" he shouted. This made Marty realize that today was his birthday, October 31st!

"Thanks, Joel," Marty said. "Gosh, this is kind of unexpected...how'd you plan this all out?"

Another boy came up. He was right around Marty's height and had semi-long hair. Marty knew him as Josh, one of his best friends since grade school. "Well," he explained, "you always seem to oversleep around this time of year, so we threw something together at the last minute for you."

"I don't know what to say," Marty uttered. "But thanks, guys!"

So they had donuts and got nothing done at that practice (as usual...) And the rest of the day went on normally. At the end of the day, Marty walked to the elementary school to pick up Molly, and they both went home.

When they got home, Marty did his homework and Molly sat and watched TV with Mom. They both looked like their mother, with brown hair and hazel eyes. The only difference was that Molly was almost as tall as Marty. Even though they were only two years apart, this kind of unnerved Marty.

Marty had finally finished his homework, so he walked out to the living room. "Hey Mom, is it ok if Molly and I go trick-or-treating?" he asked.

"Sure," his Mom answered, "But PLEASE,"

"Yeah, we know Mom," Molly said exasperatingly. "Don't stay out too late. We won't, don't worry!"

So Marty and Molly left to go out trick or treating.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Wrydryn

Sounds good, what's it going to be about?

K-NiGhT

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 20, 2012, 10:31:01 AMRead it. So what happens next?
oh...i meant the other one :0 i'm not working on this currently D:

RAWRZEZ~

was browsing and read story ;D you should continue. Im curious on what is up with the family!
~Rawr~

K-NiGhT

Quote from: RAWRZEZ~ on April 13, 2012, 07:21:30 PMwas browsing and read story ;D you should continue. Im curious on what is up with the family!
i'm going to continue as soon as i finish the other story. I want to do that one first.