News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Ragster2448's Useless Knowledge/Tutorials

Started by Ragster2448, December 20, 2011, 05:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabbemannen

Come to think about it, I've never tried making my own VST.
Thanks for the idea ragster, now I got something to try for today darn hw

Ragster2448

3. N64 CODING!!! (PART 1)

So, yep, the title says it all. You CAN code a professional Nintendo 64 video game (even with amateur-like programming skills). You use something called the "V64 Junior", which is like a DOS command line for Nintendo 64. Of course, if you so happen to find one of these, you'd probably have to buy it for around $200 US (good price for a programming machine!). The page that I'm currently looking at that describes the V64 Junior is right here. I don't know if you could actually try this out unless you already have one, because it doesn't look like you can find them anymore. Maybe try Craigslist or Ebay, you might find something!

I've also learned that the Nintendo 64 uses XML-type command functions to operate. Check this site out, it contains all of the code-lines used in the Nintendo 64. It's pretty interesting! For all of those musicians (pretty much everybody here), check out the first link on the left hand corner. Pretty neat stuff there.

I might keep researching up on this, if I have time though. I'll keep you informed if I find out something.

Ragster

4. VG INSTRUMENTS IN FINALE (PART 1)

Follow up! I just learned that it IS possible to put video game instruments into Finale. All you need is Viena, a sampler program (totally free, as far as I know), and the WAV samples. I've already tested it in Finale and it does indeed work, the only problem is that the instrument names in Finale do not change, so you'd have to go by progressions rather than clicking on the drop down menu in the instruments window. I'll make a file with 5 or so instruments from Super Mario 64 and post it for demonstration here soon, and a tutorial on how to install them (not that hard).

5. TUTORIAL: Extracting **MIDI's** from **NINTENDO 64** games (yup)

Another useful program I found, but it's still under development. The list of games that you have the ability to extract MIDI files from is kind of short, but I think that they plan on extending that list in time. If you are wanting this program, search in Google or a different search engine "N64 MIDI Tool". It should, or most likely, be the first link. It's a pretty simple program, you can probably figure out how to use it. If not, read the site or just ask me. Also if you want some MIDIs from a Nintendo 64 game, contact me and I'll see if I can get them.

Remember, these MIDIs aren't supposed to sound good, there just supposed to have the correct notes.