News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Mega Man 9 Arrangement Help

Started by 60FourMaster, November 24, 2011, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60FourMaster

So I want to do a big band arrangement of Mega Man 9's soundtrack. I just have no clue of how to go about it though. What I mean is, I don't know -how- I should arrange it. I don't know if I should do it like a standard arrangement where each song is it's own and it flows from one to the next, or if I should mix some together (like using elements of two songs in one section) or if I should go by movements. Gah, starting is always the hardest part. So I'd like some advice from the pros here.

I want to use these songs:
-Title
-Splash Blue
-Thunder Tornado
-Concrete Jungle
-Magma Burning
-Overdrive Scramble
-Flash in The Dark
-We're The Robots
-Wily Machine
-Staff Roll

So... what do NSM?

Shadoninja

it would probably be easier to have one song playing at a time and transitioning to the next one.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

But if your creative, you can find places to use more than one melody at a time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Darn, where are we going to find creative people? Oh wait.

insaneintherain

I've done a lot of medleys, and from personal experience, using one song at a time is sufficient. You might want to just "quote" melodies from the different songs. If you're really good at arranging, key changing, and harmony *cough* like me *cough*, you could put like a 1 measure fragment of each melody in a finale at the end and build from there.