News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

3DS: is it worth buying?

Started by K-NiGhT, January 17, 2012, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Shadoninja

it depends on if you're interested in any of the games that are currently released in your area.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DonValentino

I think so, but it's up to you!  ;D
Take a look at some 3ds games and see if you're interested in them, read some reviews, I don't know... If you have a friend who already has a 3ds, ask if you could try it, I think it's the best way!  :-\

Jub3r7

Other than the lack of games, the 3ds is definitely worth getting.

It comes with AR Games, 3d Camera, Sound, Mii Plaza, etc, and free downloadable games include Swap Note and Nintendo Video.
Lots of games on the e-shop for purchase; actual games worth getting include Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7.

Ocarina of Time 3D is suggested if you haven't played the original. Cave Story 3D if you want to support the people who are giving out their game for free on the internet.

...But yeah, there aren't many games out for it yet. :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Wrydryn

At about $170 for the system and about $40 for a 3ds game, $210 isn't too bad to pay for it if there's a product for it that you want.
I would also have to say that you're paying for quality too since I think mine is pretty nice. But we'll just wait until the shoulder buttons give out.

Main reason I got one was because of the price drop, Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D, to upgrade from what I currently had, and Christmas (dur).

Reasons for you to get one are for 3DS games, higher Wi-Fi functionality, being able to play with friends easier both local and on the internet, and an upgrade to a previous DS you own.

I would suggest not getting/waiting if the cost is too high right now (sales!), no games you have to immediately jump for, or wouldn't use the hardware much and as more of a paper weight.

K-NiGhT

Well i was thinking of getting it for mario kart 7 so i could play on the nsm server lol. Maybe i'll wait it out a little while.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 17, 2012, 01:11:04 PMOther than the lack of games, the 3ds is definitely worth getting.

It comes with AR Games, 3d Camera, Sound, Mii Plaza, etc, and free downloadable games include Swap Note and Nintendo Video.
Lots of games on the e-shop for purchase; actual games worth getting include Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7.

Ocarina of Time 3D is suggested if you haven't played the original. Cave Story 3D if you want to support the people who are giving out their game for free on the internet.

...But yeah, there aren't many games out for it yet. :(

Nintendo Video ended up being way more annoying than anything, though. The Zelda Symphony live recordings were cool but I ended up uninstalling it because it annoyed me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Wrydryn

Settings -> Software Management

It should be straight forward from there.

fabbemannen

I want to uninstall Face Raiders, but don't think that's impossible.
Meh, I got enough space anyhow...annoying game...

Jub3r7

I'm pretty sure that's possible but I don't really see the point.  :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]