Can someone please convert some music sheets into PDF?

Started by Crystalmask, March 14, 2012, 03:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crystalmask

Hi, guys.

I recently bought some music sheets from a website and the sheets were given to me in .JPG format. Since I can't read music notes (well, I can but with great difficulty), I bought a program that converts PDF files to MIDI files (which I then run through synthesia).

I converted the sheets into PDF files but when I tried to run them through my program, it said it couldn't extract the notes since the PDFs didn't come directly from a composing program such as MuseScore.

I tried doing it myself but it's useless--I have no idea how to get around a composing program. I was hoping that maybe someone could please transcribe them for me through  a composing program, save them in PDF and then send them back? The sheets have lyrics so if it makes it easier, you don't have to copy the lyrics, just the notes and whatnot.

I've tried asking for help everywhere: on forums, on yahoo! answers and no one is helping me and I'm desperate at this point.

Here's the link to download the first song, it's "He Mele no Lilo" from Lilo & Stitch (the main song of the movie):
http://www.4shared.com/office/JdXjs-ls/Hemelenolilo.html

And here's the second song. It's called "It will be me" and it's from Brother Bear 2:
http://www.4shared.com/office/_dziRKB4/It_will_be_Me.html

Please, guys, I know these aren't video game songs but I don't know where else to go to.

-Crys

Cobraroll

Basically, what you're trying to do is transcribing a sound file from an image. No low-end programs can do that.

I'm no good with composing programs either, but if you don't get help, I think the easiest way to do it would be the good ol' pencil and paper method. Find a friend/relative/teacher who knows piano playing, and sit down and figure out the fingerings for each note and chord. Write it down on the sheets, and go the usual way of learning from there. I think that would be less of a hassle.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Olimar12345

Anyone with a decent version of finale can do this. You need to print them out, then scan them back into finale using SmartScore lite 6. Then just correct any mistakes it might have made and save as a midi. I used to do this all the time, back when I had a printer/scanner. :(
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!