News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG XXVI Player Sign-ups

Started by davy, January 15, 2012, 12:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Quote from: master_gamer38 on January 16, 2012, 01:05:50 AMI haven't been around lately. Gettin' into the college life again. (Also, Star Wars: The Old Republic.)

I barely skimmed the last game, and just noticed it ended. I have not read all of the posts in this topic either. I have seen my name mentioned more than once though.

davy: To be frank, the game is way to intricate to host. If there was a more dedicated TWG community here, maybe. But as of right now, people don't want to work that hard on TWG. Mashi has basically already said similar. As he said, pm him a simpler one. Also, the previous games were more about getting players to join, so and then a game would be decided on amongst those players, just so the game doesn't hang while waiting for one more player or something.

Raymondbl: I am willing to revoke the ban based upon the input of the other players. As previously stated, I have not seen your behaviour as of lately, but it would appear as if it has been changed. However, it needs to be mentioned that I will be monitoring you in TWG for a while.

I believe that will be all.

Have you read my last post? There is a more simple version in there.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dude

Quote from: master_gamer38 on January 16, 2012, 01:05:50 AMRaymondbl: I am willing to revoke the ban based upon the input of the other players
I'm cool with it.

Winter

I'll give him a shot.

Just not playing a Yu-gi-oh game

Wrydryn

Got about one third one the way through and then tl;dr. Seems like a bit too much for our community at this time anyways.

Mashi

Sorry davy, but it doesn't seem that enough Players are interested in the game.  I think that if you're still interested in hosting, you should create a new game entirely than stick with this one.

Raymondbl

Thanks for your support guys!

Ok, this is as simple as it gets for Yugioh.

1. No effects, only one monster from the start, no getting more monsters, no sacrificing, just attack and life points.  So we're basically reducing this so the monsters are almost just for an addition to the story. Also, I feel 1:5 ratio is pushing it, the first two day phases two people are lynched every day, I think it should be 1:8 for the first two phases and then everyone gets "weaker" and the people's life  points get reduced to 1:6 or 1:5.

If you don't want any mention of monsters at all, then we can say

2. Every player has 1000 voting points.  Every player has 8000 (or 10,000) lifepoints. At the end of the day phase, people who were voted for will have their life points decreased by how many people voted for them x 1000.  Basically the same mechanics, but without the monster stuff.

If that doesn't work, then I can't think of anything else, and we might as well resort to normal TWG.

BTW what does tl;dr mean?
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

davy

As pplz kept reading the first post I decided to deleted it completely (well, except for the title that is)
Quote from: Mashi on January 16, 2012, 11:12:05 AMSorry davy, but it doesn't seem that enough Players are interested in the game.  I think that if you're still interested in hosting, you should create a new game entirely than stick with this one.

With the exception of Winter, no one has posted on my new idea of the game. Anyway, you seem convinced that a Yu-Gi-Oh! game won't work, which I find is understeandable. So yeah, I guess I'll pass on hosting this time because I don't really have an idea, but it might be nice if I could be an assitent host or something like that.

As it appears you're not going to write a post game about SIPC it might be a nice idea if you sent me the PM's you recieved an anything so that I could write a post game so that I get some experience in hosting (and to become able to create a post game).

Raymond, I like how you tried to come with game ideas but it appears no one wants to play a game that has anything to do with Yu-Gi-Oh! So thanks for your help and sorry that it won't be used in the end.

Unless some sort of miracle happens in which the forumers like the idea ray and I came up with together I'll pass on hosting this time.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Mashi

Quote from: davy on January 16, 2012, 11:41:21 AMAs it appears you're not going to write a post game about SIPC it might be a nice idea if you sent me the PM's you recieved an anything so that I could write a post game so that I get some experience in hosting (and to become able to create a post game).
Hahaha, I wish you luck then.  I didn't send you any logs you sent me, so if you need them, then PM me.  I began sending you Wolf/Seer/Guardian PMs, but then decided that I would just edit them into my first post in the Post Game to make things simpler.