News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

MIDI won't come out right.

Started by Ragster2448, October 12, 2011, 08:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster2448

Whenever I save an orchestration as a MIDI, most of the instruments turn into piano... How do I fix that? Right now I know that a Xylophone, Sitar, Trombone and Harp has this problem.

DonValentino

Hmm... I have never done any orchestral arrangements yet, but... you know that when youre going to save a midi, some windows appear? Then, try the different options they have, maybe like that you can keep the different instruments. Sorry, I cant really help.  :P

Ragster2448

Actually, that did help me! I fooled around with the options and noticed when I saved the original version I saved it as one track. When I saved it as separate tracks, it fixed all the instruments. Thanks!

DonValentino

Great!  :D
That's fantastic! Glad I could help!   ;)

Ragster2448

Hmm... I got another problem. I have bongos in my arrangement, and when the MIDI comes out it changes it to cymbals... ??? Is there a way to fix this?

SlowPokemon

I have an issue: the timpani sounds fine inside Finale, but saved as a midi there is no reverberation or something else that makes it sound awful. Fix?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ragster2448

Yeah, that happens to me also. It's very dry and not really pleasing to the ear. It seems that most of the percussion instruments have issues.