News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

I cant upolad!

Started by tallonmetroid, December 02, 2011, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallonmetroid

So i'm really new here, and can't figure out how to upload my song. i tried replying to Re: Re: Submissions for 2011 Sometime Update - 3 New + Infinite Replacements, but i couldn't attach any files. Please Help! Just a walkthrough on how to upload my .mus .pdf and midi files would be great. Thanks!

MasterProX

You should upload those files to a file-sharing site, like Mediafire.

Also, submissions are closed, so you can't submit any new arrangements just yet.

tallonmetroid

Again, sorry, new here, but how will i know when they are open? And how would i link the the media fire files?

Winter

When they are open, the submission thread will say that they are open.

you link us to the files by posting the link that mediafire gives you when you upload it.

tallonmetroid

tallonmetroid

so, i keep seeing uploads coming up, even today, but nowhere does it say that submissions are open. did i miss it? or are they still closed?

Shadoninja

Submissions at the moment are still closed. however, arrangers can put their arrangers in their own thread so that others may look at it.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

tallonmetroid

where would one start such a thread? in the submissions category?

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

And then you'll title it "tallonmetroid's badass arrangements" and blow us all away with genius right?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

tallonmetroid

alright, so please don't facepalm, but how do I put a link to my files when writing a new topic? Do i just paste the mediafire links? again, sorry, first time i've tried doing this.

spitllama

You don't need to apologize, it's totally understandable. When you put your files into mediafire, you'll have them in a list on your homepage. When you click on them, you'll be taken to a screen with a whole bunch of advertisements and the "download" button in the center. This is the link you want to copy.

After that, if you want to actually apply a name to that link (like let people click on "[MUS]" instead of just the "http://...") then you can type   *whatever text you want*  .

It turns into something like this. I sent you to yahoo even though the url wasn't specifically typed out.

EDIT: jub describes this much better :P
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jub3r7

Yes, and you might want to learn how to do this:

Let's say mediafire.com/blablablaMUS was the link to your .MUS file, and mediafire.com/blablablaMID was the link to the .MID of your arrangement.
It helps to organize your arrangement when you do this:

[b](Arrangement Name)[/b] [url=mediafire.com/blablablaMUS]MUS[/url] [url=mediafire.com/blablablaMID]MID[/url]After doing that, your post will appear like this:
(Arrangement Name) MUS MID

Also spitllama just ninja'd me (this means he posted while I was trying to post), sorry if this seems repetitive now! :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]