News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Okami/Okamiden

Started by Nebbles, July 11, 2011, 12:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

(Note: I saw there was a thread on this, but it was old.)

Has anyone else experienced these gorgeous games? I've played both, and I've never played a game where I've been so so so so pleased by the graphics. I'm a sucker for aesthetics, and holy crap, the art direction of everything was beautiful. While the graphics weren't as great in Okamiden, it was still a fantastic game.

And the soundtrack! It's the best game soundtrack I've ever heard! (It's also wonderful to listen to when painting.)

And also, you have to admit, being the sun god is pretty damn cool.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

I played through 90% of Okami and thought it was great. (stopped before final dungeon because I wanted to get all the beads...haven't touched it since.  I think I'll just not do the beads :< )

I see the DS game actually ended up getting good reviews.  Perhaps I'll get it once I get a 3DS since my current DS has a flakey touch screen.

The soundtrack is nice, though I've heard better in games :P

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

The stray beads are a horror story. I haven't finished, but I've watched a LP and I'm like "well I'm not getting those :T" I seldom aim for 100% in games. Only if it's not /too/ long/complicated, I'll give it a shot.

I also love drawing in the art style. :3 It's very simple, yet elegant.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

I have played the game for maybe 3 hours, and it's awsm. It's been a couple of months now, so I guess I should just start a new game. My friend is supposed to lend me his Okamiden game once I finally finish Okami.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.