News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Can I do this?

Started by Ragster2448, April 02, 2011, 07:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster2448

So, I was wondering if I could submit only the PDF file and NOT the MUS file for a sheet music. All the sheet music on the site have either both the MUS and PDF, or just the MUS. I don't see any with just the PDF, so I'm guessing the answer to may question is probably going to be no, but it is the only way for me to submit anything (PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO FIND OUT WHY I CAN NOT MAKE MUS FILES). Hope to see some replies soon, because if I can do this, I'm going to start making sheet music on PDF's like crazy, and hopefully raise up my status on the forums (tired of having a blank manuscript paper).

Winter

Nope. We either need an MUS, MIDI, or XML.

All of those Formats can be converted to PDF, MUS, and MIDI.

If you provide any of those, another member may be nice enough to make the missing for you.

Good luck!

Ragster2448

Well, I guess I'll just show the PDF to an arranger so he can make an arrangement out of it. As long as I can help in making an arrangement, that'll be alright. Thanks for the quick response!

Shadoninja

I could convert them into mus, if you somehow made the pdf into a tiff image.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Ragster2448

Actually, I can do that. I use GarageBand on a MAC to make music, and I could easily turn the sheet music that I made on there to a TIFF file.

Shadoninja

in that case, i'll need the tiff and pdf for reference.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Offkey

Notepad 2008 can be downloaded for free, it can still make valid MUS files, just has some limited functionality regarding editing sheets, but other people with higher versions can probably help out with that (changing time signature halfway, etc).
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

Ragster2448

Alright, I'll try Notepad. I'll edit this once it's done downloading and see how how it is. Thanks!

EDIT 1: And there is NO trial? I can use it for as long as I want? If so, I can definitely use this! Thanks for the help!

EDIT 2: Changed my signature. Maybe I won't have a blank manuscript paper for long!

Offkey

The 2008 version is completely free yes, but isn't found easily. I got it from here, which is a Dutch website, but I imagine it should work for other countries as well. Upon filling in some stuff, you get the download link + serial number. I did it a while ago and never got spam of any kind from them, so it seems pretty safe.
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

JDMEK5

Just to let you know... Your "blank manuscipt paper" changes by the number of times you've posted a reply, topic, etc.
I thought it was by arrangements too, but I still don't have anything on the site yet, and, as you can see, I've got 3 stars.
(The number that will affect your rank is the one right underneath it)
There's a chart here, posted by Jub3r7.

P.S.

BTW, if for some weird reason you still can't make midi, or xml, I'll be happy to help.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Ragster2448

Whoa... really? That's weird. I would have never have thought that the stars are for your amount of posts. Oh, and thanks, I'll be sure to tell you if I can't make some files.

JDMEK5

I was just as surprised when I found out the same thing!  :D Happy to help!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26