[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Slateport City"

Started by Cobraroll, October 29, 2009, 06:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Completed and on site

YouTube link.

Walking up the short stretch from Slateport Beach lies Slateport City. A blooming metropolis in southern Hoenn, famous for its market, the Pokemon fan club of Hoenn, the Pokemon Contest Super hall, and the Oceanic Museum. And a catchy tune, which for some reason also fits in with a completely opposite setting.

At the concerts organized by the piano school I attend, I always play game music. At the previous concert, my teacher asked if I could find some "Christmassy" song to play at the next concert; the Christmas concert. And listening through a few songs afterwards, I found out that Slateport City is actually quite "Christmassy". And catchy as well.

The problem is, it's not arranged for piano yet. Member "Tangy" apparently tried some while ago, but his account has gone inactive and he never completed the song. So I wondered if anyone had enough spare time to arrange this beautiful little piece from the third generation Pokemon games. Please?

Here is a link to a version of the song with lyrics, just in case anyone finds it easier to arrange for some reason:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9lYwMSZIE
And lyrics can be found here.

P.S.: If nobody will take this, could at least someone suggest another Christmassy song? I've considered Cool, Cool Mountain from SM64, but there's with no doubt more songs with a winter theme in the video game world.
And please, no "zeroth century Betlehem" theme. If I wanted that, I'd have asked for the Route 111 Theme.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

HugoMeister

I have no clue what you're talking about, but I'll take a whack at it.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

The Deku Trombonist

Here's my version of Cool Cool Mountain. Hope you like it  :D

[N64] Super Mario 64
  • Cool Cool Mountain (Replacement) - Mus | Midi

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Tangy

Sorry! I'm actually not inactive. xD. I was seriously about to start trying to arrange it again soon, but I guess there isn't much point now. :P It was my favorite pokemon song when I was younger. Doesn't remind me of Christmas at all. :K Maybe that's because I hear Goldenrod City in it though. Anyways. *goes to find dahan's arrangement*

dahans

That's a good idea ;). You are right it reminds me of Goldenrod City too^^.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!