News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Finale page sizes

Started by Nana1Popo2, September 21, 2009, 02:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

ok, me and a friend have this problem.... with Finale 2009.....

so we have a piece(s) of music for our Marching Band that we'd like to print out, but the only problem is, we'd like to make the parts smaller. The default of a marching band piece is that it will automatically have the sheet set up so when you either edit the individual parts or print them they are a half a page. but that's still too big for us. so how can you make the parts smaller so that, perhaps, more measures can fit (or even the whole song) on about a half a sheet of paper?

lots of thanks for whoever can answer this... :)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Brassman388

Haha, funny thing, I was just doing this today myself.

Well, I usually resize the page to a 7x5 piece so it would fit nicely in a flip folder using the page format tool.

Then you get the resize tool and click on any blank part on the page(not a measure or note because it'll just change that specific thing.) And depending on how small you want the measures and text to be, I'd say around 70-80% should work quite nicely.

After that, you'll have to do some other formatting like changing system margins and such, but that's cake after you figure what you want.

Well, good luck.

Nana1Popo2

sweet, thanks! :D
this helps a bunch, ill try it out later :D

thanks again! :D

EDIT: THANK GOD. lol, finally, ive been trying to do this forever, haha, thanks a heap :)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16