News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

MP3 files

Started by Nana1Popo2, January 07, 2009, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Wait, I found some alternatives... unfortunately they're also quite expensive and the quality is terrible, so it's probably not what you're searching for...*click* *clack*
I just tried the shareware versions and I guess they use the same way of converting mp3 to midi as the fullversion... You can try them, but they even turned simple melodies to gibberish.
Well, I just wanted to tell you that there are more of those programs than one, though it seems that they're all very... unuseful.
So I think using your ears and some patience is still the best way to turn music into notes, though it can be challenging. But hey, I think that's why the sheet music on this site is so special! :D

Nana1Popo2

hmm, i see wat u mean... -_- lol
thanx, anyway! ^_^
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Merlin

GreekGeek

I think it is in fact possible to do so, because only the frequency of a note makes it the note it is. You can change each soundwave you have into a sinus (called Fouriersynthesis) and a certain frequency at a certain amplitude determines which note it is. You can for example decipher that the note has a frequency of 523 Hz, which means it's a c. But as you can see from the description, it is already quite hard to explain, so it's ump times harder to do so ::).

But I totally agree with Merlin, if you could decode all music into notes, than this site wouldn't exist and I wouldn't have something fun to do in my spare time :'( 

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16