[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Professor Juniper" by goldenscruff

Started by Zeta, August 10, 2024, 05:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Professor Juniper
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: goldenscruff

goldenscruff

m13-16 I added the bass to give it some extra movement. I'm happy to lab something else out, or just drop LH to whole notes.
I recall grace notes needing slurs like in m8. Is that correct?
m2,4 b3-4 I'm quite sure on the LH.

MomoQca

Hi! Just thought I'd chime in and offer some visual feedback. I haven't checked for note accuracy.

I think all grace notes should be tied.

m1&3- RH beat 3.25, these should be dotted eighth notes (so there should be no ties), like how you have them in m11&12.

m4- LH rests, should be a dotted eighth rest rather than the 16th+quarter rests you have.

m5- In the RH, the first two beats in the second layer should be a tied 8th note to 16th note (F#), then a dotted eighth (A)

m11- LH beat 1. This might be unplayable for most people. I would move the dotted eighth note (C#) to the RH, at least for the dotted eighth note, and then move the RH E an octave below. So it would look like (C#-A-E-C#) . And then for the 16th note, I would either add the C# and remove the top note (A) so it becomes (E-A-C#) or put the C# in between what you currently have, so it becomes (A-E-C#-A).

m16- LH, the eighth rest should be moved a little further down.

goldenscruff

Quote from: MomoQca on August 10, 2024, 07:23:05 AMm4- LH rests, should be a dotted eighth rest rather than the 16th+quarter rests you have.
The beat lengths aren't the same between your suggestions.

Quote from: MomoQca on August 10, 2024, 07:23:05 AMm11- LH beat 1. This might be unplayable for most people.
I couldn't play the LH An (and I added them at the bottom of the RH), so I removed them. Your suggestion is ignorant of the melody in the RH, but if the 9th comes up again, I can move the Bn up an octave in the LH.

Implemented the others.

MomoQca

Quote from: goldenscruff on August 10, 2024, 02:26:45 PMThe beat lengths aren't the same between your suggestions.

Whoops! You're right. Not sure what I was thinking at the time. Hehe.

QuoteI couldn't play the LH An (and I added them at the bottom of the RH), so I removed them. Your suggestion is ignorant of the melody in the RH, but if the 9th comes up again, I can move the Bn up an octave in the LH.

That works!