Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Wanted: Dead
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Venomous Grace
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Static

Title etc. from VGMdb as usual, though the composer name is misspelled as Heichi instead of Keiichi.

Fantastic Ike

Cool track! I'm always amazed by how you find all these obscure games lol

Kricketune54

• m6, m14 RH 3.0 I don't hear this Cn
• m36 LH beat 2.75 should this shift to Ab and then all of the rest of the notes be Ab until beat 4.75's Fn?

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 25, 2024, 08:01:15 AM• m6, m14 RH 3.0 I don't hear this Cn
I still hear it in one of the background parts, though I guess it's a bit quieter than the rest

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 25, 2024, 08:01:15 AM• m36 LH beat 2.75 should this shift to Ab and then all of the rest of the notes be Ab until beat 4.75's Fn?
That's actually in a different part where the G# is played on beat 3, but I think it would sound better in the arrangement to do that so I changed it. Added the attack on beat 3 to line up with the G# but also to mimic the drum fill there.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Static on July 27, 2024, 01:13:37 PMI still hear it in one of the background parts, though I guess it's a bit quieter than the rest
Okay, I think I understand which note it is representing now, but it seems like a kind of weird inclusion to me. Like I would think if there was more incorporation of background parts, there would be the Gn that's struck on beat 1.25 every time for figures like m1 or m2.

Quote from: Static on July 27, 2024, 01:13:37 PMThat's actually in a different part where the G# is played on beat 3, but I think it would sound better in the arrangement to do that so I changed it. Added the attack on beat 3 to line up with the G# but also to mimic the drum fill there.
Yeah I think it makes sense for the reasons you've outlined.

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 27, 2024, 08:24:05 PMOkay, I think I understand which note it is representing now, but it seems like a kind of weird inclusion to me. Like I would think if there was more incorporation of background parts, there would be the Gn that's struck on beat 1.25 every time for figures like m1 or m2.
The Cn is playing in the same background synth part that I included throughout the arrangement (the one that plays on beat 2, 3, 4, 4.75), it's basically meant to fill out the chord there (D7). The bass part also plays Cn there. The G on beat 1.25 of those measures is from the arpeggiated part that I wrote down starting in m17, which I didn't want to include in m1-16 so I could prioritize the other parts.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Static on July 27, 2024, 08:52:11 PMThe Cn is playing in the same background synth part that I included throughout the arrangement (the one that plays on beat 2, 3, 4, 4.75), it's basically meant to fill out the chord there (D7). The bass part also plays Cn there. The G on beat 1.25 of those measures is from the arpeggiated part that I wrote down starting in m17, which I didn't want to include in m1-16 so I could prioritize the other parts.
Gotcha, I hear that now. This has my approval.