News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Code_Name_Geek's Aquatic Update Project Sheets

Started by Code_Name_Geek, June 30, 2024, 05:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code_Name_Geek

Ecco the Dolphin - Opening Theme
[MUSX]

One of the classic aquatic games! Opening Theme seems to be the most commonly used title.

Harvest Moon 3 GBC - Mainland Port/Aquarium/Theater
[MUSX]

Title comes from the (mostly aquatic) locations it plays in-game. The composer for this game is unknown so I just credited the developer/publisher.

(The first arrangement is a little complex but the second is short and simple so I hope they balance each other out!)

cashwarrior1

Nice arrangements :)

two small comments, Ecco the Dolphin is in 6/8 (the bassline accents beats 1 and 4) cue the 3/4 vs 6/8 debate!.

The harvest moon track could be layered to show each layer more clearly, as well as the harmony voice can be played entirely with the left hand pretty easily. Maybe it could look like this?

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 02, 2024, 02:39:25 PMtwo small comments, Ecco the Dolphin is in 6/8 (the bassline accents beats 1 and 4) cue the 3/4 vs 6/8 debate!.
Oh man that's often a loaded debate, but after revisiting this I think you're totally right. That explains why some of those rhythms didn't feel quite natural in 3/4. Is it definitely 6/8 as opposed to 12/8? I encountered some debate between 6/8 vs 12/8 while seeking a second opinion from some musician friends. Regardless, I have it in 6/8 for now (which was surprisingly more work than I expected... Finale did not like that meter change for some reason).

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 02, 2024, 02:39:25 PMThe harvest moon track could be layered to show each layer more clearly, as well as the harmony voice can be played entirely with the left hand pretty easily. Maybe it could look like this?
Yeah I see what you mean about the layers here too. In this case, while playtesting this arrangement I found that the harmony voice was better split between the hands due to the voice crossing and the range of the left hand (it was much jumpier to go from low G to the G-E dyad rather than just between the two Gs). So I reworked the voices in a way that hopefully shows each layer better while still keeping the split between hands.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 02, 2024, 02:39:25 PMNice arrangements :)
Thank you! And thanks for the feedback, those were both good points :)

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on July 02, 2024, 09:16:35 PMOh man that's often a loaded debate, but after revisiting this I think you're totally right. That explains why some of those rhythms didn't feel quite natural in 3/4. Is it definitely 6/8 as opposed to 12/8? I encountered some debate between 6/8 vs 12/8 while seeking a second opinion from some musician friends. Regardless, I have it in 6/8 for now (which was surprisingly more work than I expected... Finale did not like that meter change for some reason).
Honestly 12/8 might make more sense with the melodic phrasing, but that's up to you I feel. Also yeah, switch time signatures in finale is always a huge pain 😩