News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - "Ice Ice Outpost" by XiaoMigros

Started by Zeta, June 21, 2024, 03:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mario Kart
Game: Mario Kart 8
Console: Wii U
Title: Ice Ice Outpost
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

Fantastic Ike

Latios212

This is a really solid sheet! Only a few very small things to comment on, this already looks great.

- The staccatos in m. 2/11 are floating in the PDF
- Thoughts about using an Ab in the chord of m. 20, similar to the measure prior?
- I think I hear the Bb at the end of the phrase in m. 22 as an octave lower?
- I think the Absus > Ab movement is important to capture in m. 33's chord symbol

(It's cool how far this piece deviates from its home key of C)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on July 20, 2024, 10:14:37 PM- Thoughts about using an Ab in the chord of m. 20, similar to the measure prior?
I hear the string synth play Eb-Ab-C6 in m19 and C-Eb-G6 in m20, so I think it makes more sense as is. The rest has been changed though!

Quote from: Latios212 on July 20, 2024, 10:14:37 PM(It's cool how far this piece deviates from its home key of C)
Yes! I love how it takes you through so many chords, back to back to back

Latios212

Cool cool, looks good to me! Approved :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Nice job! I don't have a lot to say on this one:
-I've been looking at the bass a bit considering different options for yes/no 8va, but I haven't come to a great conclusion yet haha. My initial thought for checking it was m23-30, which is (mostly) pretty high to really need an 8va marking. Personally I can read the whole thing without 8va pretty well too, but granted it's a lot in ledger line territory too. Another line of thought I had was making the 8va optional, as the song works pretty well too without 8va. Anyway just spitballing here a bit, feel free to do with it what you want :p
-Maybe you could put m19 to m34 in Eb major? The chords are a leaning towards Eb/Cm in the first half already, but in m19-34 it definitely strayed further away from C major.
-m2: I think the chord symbol Db11 in beat 2 is maybe a Db7sus, like in m36? There isn't a clear F in the chord either to really support it being a major chord.
-m11-12: I think the chord here is just an Ab (so no maj7), I can't really hear a G anywhere except for the bass at the very end. You could then change the G to an Ab in m11 beat 4.5 R.H.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Bloop on July 22, 2024, 03:32:08 AMNice job! I don't have a lot to say on this one:
-I've been looking at the bass a bit considering different options for yes/no 8va, but I haven't come to a great conclusion yet haha. My initial thought for checking it was m23-30, which is (mostly) pretty high to really need an 8va marking. Personally I can read the whole thing without 8va pretty well too, but granted it's a lot in ledger line territory too. Another line of thought I had was making the 8va optional, as the song works pretty well too without 8va. Anyway just spitballing here a bit, feel free to do with it what you want :p
I decided to leave the 8va in, as the performer can always ignore it if that's more to their taste.

Quote from: Bloop on July 22, 2024, 03:32:08 AM-Maybe you could put m19 to m34 in Eb major? The chords are a leaning towards Eb/Cm in the first half already, but in m19-34 it definitely strayed further away from C major.
I decided against this too as this section never really settles on Eb major, easiest to leave no key sig accidentals instead.

Quote from: Bloop on July 22, 2024, 03:32:08 AM-m11-12: I think the chord here is just an Ab (so no maj7), I can't really hear a G anywhere except for the bass at the very end. You could then change the G to an Ab in m11 beat 4.5 R.H.
We relistened and both hear the G in the guitar part, so that has been left in too

The rest is updated ;D  Thanks for reviewing!

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot