News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

[Wii] Wii Play - "Title Screen" by XiaoMigros

Started by Zeta, April 14, 2024, 03:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Wii Play
Console: Wii
Title: Title Screen
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

Kricketune54

• As opposed to hiding a full measure for the pickup, I would just shorten the pickup to 1/16 or 1/8 beat count.
• Counted tempo at q = 95
• m20 RH 1.25 hearing Eb
• m22 RH 1.0 hearing Dn and 1.25 hearing Eb

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 20, 2024, 01:46:45 PM• As opposed to hiding a full measure for the pickup, I would just shorten the pickup to 1/16 or 1/8 beat count.
Going off what we discussed I'd prefer to keep this as is, to better allow for counting

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 20, 2024, 01:46:45 PM• Counted tempo at q = 95
Fixed

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 20, 2024, 01:46:45 PM• m20 RH 1.25 hearing Eb
• m22 RH 1.0 hearing Dn and 1.25 hearing Eb
Fixed too, but I really don't like how these measures aren't identical...

Kricketune54

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 28, 2024, 09:01:43 AMGoing off what we discussed I'd prefer to keep this as is, to better allow for counting
It's not a big deal but still seems like playback is treating this pickup as a 4 bar measure. Just is a weird playback delay.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 28, 2024, 09:01:43 AMFixed too, but I really don't like how these measures aren't identical...

I blame Koji Kondo

Wii Play looks good!

Latios212

Why don't I remember this track despite definitely playing Wii Play? ;-; It's so cool and so evocative of the era. Sounds like something from MKDS which makes total sense given the composer...

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 28, 2024, 03:27:39 PMIt's not a big deal but still seems like playback is treating this pickup as a 4 bar measure. Just is a weird playback delay.
Hasn't this always been the case with pickup measures in Finale? Not that it's necessarily desirable.

Other feedback before I finish up, this looks really good. Nice work keeping the left hand in pretty narrow ranges to make playing easier :D
- The rolled chord at the end of m. 8 sounds to me like it actually falls on beat 1 of m. 9 instead
- Conversely, it does feel like the first note of the 16th run in m. 15 is actually held over from a strike at the end of m. 14!
- I think the last LH note in m. 9 is actually a Bb instead of a D, but I guess I'm fine leaving it as a D to keep the fingering simple? Wasn't sure if that was intentional
- I don't think the ties in m. 12 LH beat 1.5 are needed since the pedal is already here to sustain notes
- The A octave in m. 18 beat 2.5 sounds an octave lower - e.g. the melody dips down here instead of up
- I'm not sure I hear the first RH G in m. 19... it isn't as present as the other notes. I think I hear an Ab in the harmony here, does that sound too weird? vs. just keeping the G or maybe just omitting the RH here
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Quote from: Latios212 on May 29, 2024, 06:11:32 PM- I'm not sure I hear the first RH G in m. 19... it isn't as present as the other notes. I think I hear an Ab in the harmony here, does that sound too weird? vs. just keeping the G or maybe just omitting the RH here
I am not hearing an Ab in the harmony. Does not sound like it would fit. But I agree on relistening that the RH 1.0 Gn seems like it is not actually there.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on May 29, 2024, 06:11:32 PM- I'm not sure I hear the first RH G in m. 19... it isn't as present as the other notes. I think I hear an Ab in the harmony here, does that sound too weird? vs. just keeping the G or maybe just omitting the RH here
I opted for omitting it, everything else has been dealt with too!

Latios212

Sounds good! The changes look good to me so it's time to accept ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot