News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[MUL] Night in the Woods - "Ancient History" by Wuuthrad

Started by Zeta, June 18, 2024, 02:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Night in the Woods
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Ancient History
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Wuuthrad

XiaoMigros

Hi, and welcome to NSM! In order for your sheet to pass the submissions process, users will give feedback for you to implement until two updaters give their approval. I'll be your first updater for this sheet :)

The notes you have written all sound correct, the only things left here are some changes to the visual layout of the sheet. I notice you haven't uploaded a .musx file (which is fine), so if you don't have paid Finale, let me know if you're not able to change any of the following:
  • The 'Pno.' marking on systems 2+ should be removed
  • We usually write 'con pedale' italicised, below the bottom staff
  • Is it possible to fit this sheet onto one page? If not, I would recommend having 4 systems on page 1 and 3 on  page 2, and the header on page 2 should be added.
  • The composed by/arranged by text should not be higher than the bottom of the subtitle text
  • The sheet could do with some measure numbers at the start of each system
That is all for now, let me know if you have any questions!

Wuuthrad

Thanks for the notes! Didn't look like I could get it down to one page unfortunately, but I think I fixed the other formatting stuff.

XiaoMigros

Looking good! Two more things I found:
  • The tempo marking should use MaestroTimes 16pt (and symbol Œ) for the notehead, times new roman 12pt for everything else
  • The systems could be more evenly distributed across pages, with 4 on each. Also, I'd recommend leaving a larger gap between the header and the first system on the second page.

Latios212

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 21, 2024, 09:36:58 AMThe systems could be more evenly distributed across pages, with 4 on each. Also, I'd recommend leaving a larger gap between the header and the first system on the second page.
This could comfortably fit on one page using 3-measure (and one 4-measure) systems, I'd recommend that instead.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Wuuthrad

Edited it down to one page. I'm not sure if I'm able to fix the notehead on my end since I'm uploading from Musescore into Finale Notepad, and I get this when I try to import it which I don't think I can edit.

XiaoMigros

No problem! I added the tempo marking for you. This sheet is approved and ready for the next updater!

Latios212

This is great! Awesome first sheet, I only have a couple of small things to mention.
- The slurs in the left hand aren't really necessary because you already indicate pedal and the phrasing is already indicated by the beaming. I'd suggest removing them, but you can still keep them if you want
- The composer's name is misspelled
- Can you capitalize the N/S/M in NinSheetMusic in the URL?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot