[3DS] The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures - "The Defendants' Antechamber" by Metamyrrh

Started by Zeta, July 10, 2023, 04:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

Alright! I have made a conversion of your musicxml into the latest Finale template we are using. Let me know if this PDF looks correct and lines up to your latest files, and I will update the files and mark this sheet as approved. We do two rounds of feedback for each sheet, so that two updaters take a chance to look and verify that everything looks correct on the sheet.

Metamyrrh

Thank you so much! Sorry for the trouble of not being able to convert to Finale myself...

The only differences I see are that almost all of the staccatos (too many to list) and the parentheses (in m15 LH) are gone. Here's the pdf I see directly exporting from musescore for reference: https://www.mediafire.com/file/79wyqwqy8sqxghg/The+Defendants'+Antechamber+v6.pdf/file

Kricketune54

Kricketune54

Alright awesome! Approving this sheet then, and uploading files. I suppose the next updater could to either use these as a baseline for copying over future edits, or make edits directly in the files, but ultimately it will be up to you Metamyrrh how you would like to proceed

Latios212

Thanks both of you for the hard work on this! Sorry for the wait. Things look really nice now with all the adjustments made. It's a bit hard to follow specific voices visually sometimes, but it's difficult to do with this piece due to the range each of them is in and things crossing over a bunch. With that in mind, I'm looking at this sheet to make sure what's there sounds right holistically and is presented in a way that makes sense to play.

These are mostly minor adjustments and I can make edits for you to avoid the trouble of converting back and forth. Let me know if they sound good and I can update the files before accepting!

- m. 11 - I'd suggest getting rid of the first grace note in the right hand (low C) as it interferes with the left hand and is awkward to hit given the right hand needs to jump up to that G.
- m. 12 RH beat 1.5 - should be Ab instead of C
- Thoughts on using pedal for the second half of m. 19/23 and also into m. 20? I think these parts could afford to be sustained a bit as well and you can't hit all the notes while keeping the bottom bass note held down.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Metamyrrh

Thank you very much for taking a look! :)

All of those changes sound good to me. Is this a reasonable pedaling for mm18-20 and 22-23?
Spoiler

[close]

Latios212

Yes, that looks good! Since it's already using the pedal and lift markings (instead of the lines) I can edit it to add those in the necessary places if that sounds good to you.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Metamyrrh

Thank you Latios and thank you again Kricketune for taking this through the process! I definitely learned a lot and I'm appreciative for your time.

The only thing I notice in the pdf is, in m16 LH the arpeggiation marking overlaps with the flats.

Latios212

Quote from: Metamyrrh on January 04, 2024, 12:46:28 AMThe only thing I notice in the pdf is, in m16 LH the arpeggiation marking overlaps with the flats.
Ah, sorry about that. Fixed :)

Quote from: Metamyrrh on January 04, 2024, 12:46:28 AMThank you Latios and thank you again Kricketune for taking this through the process! I definitely learned a lot and I'm appreciative for your time.
Happy to help! Now let's get your first sheet accepted :D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta