Game: Genshin Impact
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Lustrous Stars
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

This seems pretty solid - one thing I was thinking you could add as a small extra detail is how at m13 and m14 there are those slight hesitations between beats 2 and 3. There's also a similar one at m19 - obviously this is implied with the Rubato direction at the beginning, so if you really wanted you could have hidden rit. and a tempos to emulate this exactly with the playback haha. Just an idea though, not required

• m28 RH 1.0 I think there's an A# instead of the G at the bottom of this first note group
• m30 LH 1.0 these notes sound rolled

Latios212

Thanks for checking! :)

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 30, 2023, 04:32:47 PMThis seems pretty solid - one thing I was thinking you could add as a small extra detail is how at m13 and m14 there are those slight hesitations between beats 2 and 3. There's also a similar one at m19 - obviously this is implied with the Rubato direction at the beginning, so if you really wanted you could have hidden rit. and a tempos to emulate this exactly with the playback haha. Just an idea though, not required
I think these are subtle enough that I'd like the rubato to cover them :P

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 30, 2023, 04:32:47 PM• m28 RH 1.0 I think there's an A# instead of the G at the bottom of this first note group
I think they're both there, but the G sounds more prominent to me. (It'd be Bb instead of A# though, since you have A as the root. A7b9)

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 30, 2023, 04:32:47 PM• m30 LH 1.0 these notes sound rolled
Did you mean 31? If so, I agree. m. 30 is just a single note on beat 1, though.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Yes haha did mean m31. As for m28, I agree with that rationale and going with G instead.  Approved

XiaoMigros

• m7 & maybe m5: Thoughts on using 2 layers/cross staff for the RH here? The notes on beat 2 sound distinctly softer than the main melody, and that isn't made clear at the moment
  • m19: I think those 16ths would be better as grace notes, similar to m29
  • m23: the RH beat 1 stem can face downwards
  • I'm not so fond of the clef changes in the LH; if you'd prefer not to write that high C in the LH I still think you should stick to one clef for m13-15.
  • System spacing: 4+4 rather than 5+3?

Latios212

Thank you for checking!

Quote from: XiaoMigros on January 02, 2024, 05:07:14 AM
  • m19: I think those 16ths would be better as grace notes, similar to m29
  • m23: the RH beat 1 stem can face downwards
  • System spacing: 4+4 rather than 5+3?
Updated these things!

• m7 & maybe m5: Thoughts on using 2 layers/cross staff for the RH here? The notes on beat 2 sound distinctly softer than the main melody, and that isn't made clear at the moment
I actually did interpret those notes as part of the melody and think it makes sense to keep it this way. Hard to tell with piano solo pieces like this, though.

• I'm not so fond of the clef changes in the LH; if you'd prefer not to write that high C in the LH I still think you should stick to one clef for m13-15.
Not my favorite option either, but C is too high above bass clef for me and I'd really like to keep the D in bass clef as well. (I'm second-guessing my decision to keep the D in bass clef in m. 8 of Fragile Fantasy since I misread it half the time.) Cross-staffing isn't an option here since the RH is 8va, and I don't want to put an 8va over the left hand either. I think it's easy enough to read as-is.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Those are all valid points! I have nothing else to add, so I'll accept :)

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by XiaoMigros.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot