News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Radiak's "Too Hot to Handle" Sheet

Started by Radiak488417, August 15, 2023, 01:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiak488417

Yoshi's Woolly World: Wonderful World of Wool 6
Outer Rings 2??
(Yes, this is a lava level theme)

Bloop

-m11 and 15: I think I just hear a Cb on beat 3 instead of Gb.
..And I think that's all I wanted to say, great work! There's some formatting stuff happening with tie placement and the 8va needing to be hidden, but I'm guessing that'll be hard because of notepad-related reasons. I can do that for you if you want ^^
About the 8va actually, the arrangement still works pretty will without it (so playing the L.H. as written instead). It closes the wide gap between the R.H. and L.H. a bit, so you could decide on that too if you want. I'll leave it up to you tho!

Radiak488417

Quote from: Bloop on August 25, 2023, 07:51:01 AM-m11 and 15: I think I just hear a Cb on beat 3 instead of Gb.
I assume you meant in the LH, in which case I'm still hearing the Gb.

For the 8va, I definitely went back and forth on whether or not to include it, especially for m9-10/m13-14 since the texture sounds a bit off there with the hands so far apart. I also considered raising the LH an octave for just those measures, since I prefer the lower bass sound in the rest of the sheet, but I'm not sure I like how that sounds either. I think for now I'll just edit the performance direction to make it optional to play an octave below written.

And yeah, if you could grab those ties and hide the 8va I'd appreciate it. Thanks for the feedback!

Bloop

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 25, 2023, 09:26:42 PMFor the 8va, I definitely went back and forth on whether or not to include it, especially for m9-10/m13-14 since the texture sounds a bit off there with the hands so far apart. I also considered raising the LH an octave for just those measures, since I prefer the lower bass sound in the rest of the sheet, but I'm not sure I like how that sounds either. I think for now I'll just edit the performance direction to make it optional to play an octave below written.
Ah I see, making it optional works for me too! People can then decide for themselves what they prefer ^^

Fixed the ties and hid the 8va for you, so I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 15, 2023, 01:38:25 PMOuter Rings 2??
Ah yes... extremely reminiscent. Same question of how low do we want that bass on piano :P

Quote from: Bloop on August 25, 2023, 07:51:01 AM-m11 and 15: I think I just hear a Cb on beat 3 instead of Gb.
Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 25, 2023, 09:26:42 PMI assume you meant in the LH, in which case I'm still hearing the Gb.
Maybe unrelated to what Bloop intended, but I was gonna comment m. 15 feels like it should be Cb on beat 3.5 similar to m11.

Also, the crescendo in m. 24 should end before the barline, not on it.

That's all I have! This is really great, nice work! (You should submit sheets more often...)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Quote from: Latios212 on August 27, 2023, 07:52:30 AMMaybe unrelated to what Bloop intended, but I was gonna comment m. 15 feels like it should be Cb on beat 3.5 similar to m11.
I was pretty unsure about this spot tbh, listening back I think you're right. I don't hear the staccato anymore either.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 27, 2023, 07:52:30 AMAlso, the crescendo in m. 24 should end before the barline, not on it.
Ah that would be Notepad's fault, didn't catch that.

Unfortunately since you and Bloop saved this with full Finale, all the staccatos are messed up in Notepad, so if you could do both of those edits I'd appreciate it (I don't want to save it as-is).

Quote from: Latios212 on August 27, 2023, 07:52:30 AMThis is really great, nice work! (You should submit sheets more often...)
Thanks! :D I've got a bunch in the works, I've just been meaning to get full Finale so that I can actually get them somewhat how I want them looking before submissions. Hopefully soon...

XiaoMigros

alas, you just missed the $79 sale- though it seems they've permanently changed the price to $99?

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 27, 2023, 11:54:15 AMUnfortunately since you and Bloop saved this with full Finale, all the staccatos are messed up in Notepad, so if you could do both of those edits I'd appreciate it (I don't want to save it as-is).
I didn't touch the file at all previously (intentionally, at least) but yeah I'll get those changes for you and accept! (I reset the articulations too since I'm not on v26+)

Please have a look at the files in the accepted folder. I'll leave this topic open shortly before moving it to the Project Archive board in case I messed anything up~

You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Everything looks great, thanks for the edits  :)

Latios212

No problem! First topic to be moved to the Project Archive board then~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle