News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[SNES] Final Fantasy V - "Beyond the Deep Blue Sea" by Renaud Bergeron

Started by Zeta, March 02, 2022, 03:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy V
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Beyond the Deep Blue Sea
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Renaud Bergeron

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Bloop

Hi there, welcome back! At first glance this looks pretty decent, but before I or another updater gives some feedback on this one, we wanted to make sure if you are going to respond to our feedback? We've noticed in the past that response has often been quite late, and giving feedback takes us updaters time as well. Just so that we know what we're up to!

Khunjund

Quote from: Bloop on March 07, 2022, 09:34:16 AMHi there, welcome back! At first glance this looks pretty decent, but before I or another updater gives some feedback on this one, we wanted to make sure if you are going to respond to our feedback? We've noticed in the past that response has often been quite late, and giving feedback takes us updaters time as well. Just so that we know what we're up to!

Hello,

First, I'd like to say that I'm not really "coming back". This sheet here is more of a one-time exception: I made a quick arrangement of this track for myself, and I figured I might as well give it to NSM while I was at it. I'll do my best to respond to feedback in a timely manner, but I'm hoping there won't be much more than small fixes, because this is a short and simple track, so I really don't feel like spending a inordinate amount of time on it.

Static

Looks pretty good. The only suggestion I have is, if you intend on the pedal being used in m1-8, I'd suggest writing it in. The staccato articulations in the LH don't make that apparent, and it would likely be performed as written.

Khunjund

Quote from: Static on March 09, 2022, 10:38:04 AMLooks pretty good. The only suggestion I have is, if you intend on the pedal being used in m1-8, I'd suggest writing it in. The staccato articulations in the LH don't make that apparent, and it would likely be performed as written.

Good point. I added a con pedale mention.

Latios212

Nice, this looks solid. I think the lower/higher left hand arpeggios are a fine substitute for the dyads in the original.

A few small comments about the visuals before we finish up:
- Missing the "Piano" staff name at the beginning
- "espress. in m. 9 could be nudged left a bit so it's above beat 1
- Thoughts about curving the LH slurs in the second half a bit more so the right end is a little lower closer to the last note? The right ends of the slurs just kinda hover right now.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

Quote from: Latios212 on March 09, 2022, 03:50:58 PMNice, this looks solid. I think the lower/higher left hand arpeggios are a fine substitute for the dyads in the original.

A few small comments about the visuals before we finish up:
- Missing the "Piano" staff name at the beginning
- "espress. in m. 9 could be nudged left a bit so it's above beat 1
- Thoughts about curving the LH slurs in the second half a bit more so the right end is a little lower closer to the last note? The right ends of the slurs just kinda hover right now.

Done.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot