Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Dr. Wily Stage 1
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Latios212 & LeviR.star

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Title should be changed to just "Dr. Wily Stage 1".

Super happy to finally see this one in submissions! Big thank-you to Latios212 for his hard work in making this possible, I probably wouldn't have ever released this otherwise.

By the way, there's a "simplified" version of this song on-site without 16th rhythms, and I believe our sheet eliminates the need for it; Latios agrees that it should be deleted once our replacement is accepted.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

-m32: The C# on beat 1.5 is pretty hard to play for the R.H. (especially at this speed), maybe you could move that one to the L.H.? You could possibly then add a dashed line between that C# and the G# on beat 2, to further indicate this is the same voice.
-m33: I hear F# and G# above the B and C# on beat 4 and 4.5 (maybe in a separate layer, since it doesn't tie over into m34)
-The upper system of page 2 and 3 seem a bit lower than usual, maybe you could raise them (and with that all systems) a bit? If you prefer them this way, that's fine too of course ^^

That's all I have to say, looks great otherwise!

later edit: I also edited the submission name!

Latios212

Those are good suggestions :) I'll let Levi update the files when he gets a chance!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Actually, Levi's been a bit busy so I got all of the above - for m. 32 we opted to just use a LH bracket as that'd be a little neater than cross-staffing.

Files updated, thanks! :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Awesome! The L.H. bracket looks good too, probably a bit neater than what I suggested ^^ I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

Static

This is really good! The only comment I have is about m17/41 LH beat 3: the bass only plays for about a quarter note before cutting out; there's a clear rest after.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on February 18, 2022, 10:06:41 AMThe only comment I have is about m17/41 LH beat 3: the bass only plays for about a quarter note before cutting out; there's a clear rest after.

Latios had this idea before we submitted the sheet; consider it done.

EDIT: Accidentally deleted Latios's edits when I addressed the latest feedback, that mistake has been reverted now. Also, I made some minor cosmetic changes, added a simplified triangle tom part in m. 48, and restored the last countermelody note from m. 26 to 33 (specifically m. 31, beat 4.5)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 05, 2022, 09:26:00 PMBy the way, there's a "simplified" version of this song on-site without 16th rhythms, and I believe our sheet eliminates the need for it; Latios agrees that it should be deleted once our replacement is accepted.
Just a reminder for the other updaters about this - let's remove the simplified arrangement from the site during the next update.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Awesome, I'll accept now.
Great to finally have a replacement for this

Zeta