Game: Shadowgate
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Banquet Hall
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Hopefully a super easy one since I have two harder subs :kekdog:
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Bloop

As a late response to your key signature question in the discord, you could maybe put it in Bb major (2 flats), since it's pretty much a Bb major chord with a weird melody. It takes care of a lot of flats, but it does cause m2 to look like this:
You cannot view this attachment.

Aside from that, two other suggestions:
-A few articulation suggestions: m1-2, maybe you could add staccatos to the 8th notes, and slur the 16ths (so the Eb to the C# and the F to the Eb/D#). In the L.H. you could then also add a slur for every bar or two bars (slurring the whole piece is a bit much)
-You can write the tied dotted quarters in m3, 5, 7 and 8 as dotted half notes.

That's all, looks great otherwise ^^

Atcero

Got everything updated minus the slurring with the LH. I feel like that can just be open and people can decide how they want to play that stylistically if thats fine since the original is a bit more ambiguous.

Thanks so much and sorry it took so long!
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Bloop

Don't worry about taking a few days, the last update hasn't been around that long :p Looking good now! For the slurs I think it's better to have them end one note later (on the C# in m1 and the Eb in m2), as the notes before (the D and the Fb) are connected to those notes too. There's also a slur missing on the grace note before beat 4 in m4, and the dynamic marking could be nudged a bit to the left so it's more centered under the first note. These are all minor things though, so I'll approve pending that ^^

Latios212

Yup, I agree with all of Bloop's comments above!

I think the An-Ab grace notes look a bit odd in m. 4... but the alternative would be using Bbb in place of An or G# in place of Ab, so I think it works fine and is definitely easy enough to read.

The only other thing I want to ask is any reason why the RH is written an octave down from the original?

also unrelated but those grace notes vaguely remind me of this :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

You come into my shadowgate arrangement linking pokemon mystery dungeon? smh

Jk I completely understand where you're coming from (insert jaja here)

Thank you so much both of ya! Hopefully got it all updated.

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot