Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Stage Select
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kricketune54

Have you played around with the staff/system staff size on this one?  Definitely seems like the first measures are a bit too high relative to the credits and such.

-at measure 15 RH, I was wondering if you viewed beat 1's octaves more as a continuation of the rhythm in m14.  Only really asking because based off original you could put beats 3-4 of m15 up an octave to match up with beats 1-2 instead of beat 1 of measure 16.  Sorry if not super clear what I'm asking here but really just asking why you did that vs. this screenshot (plz ignore beat 3 being a quarter note)
Spoiler
[close]

-m8 - move the forte down a tiny bit, I know it is far from the cresc. but it is just a tiny bit high imo lol
-I think as a matter of preference the rests in m18 RH's bottom layer could go up to normal rest height
-m22 RH beat 3 sounds like a staccato could go on this D
-The last note of m23 sounds like two grace notes on the Bb (a G and Ab/G#).  I'm assuming the notes that fill out beat 4 in the RH are augmentation the chords, but just an alternate idea to have the grace notes instead

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 10, 2022, 05:59:34 PMHave you played around with the staff/system staff size on this one?  Definitely seems like the first measures are a bit too high relative to the credits and such.
One of the systems was lonely on the last page and that vexed me so I squeezed everything on the first page. I went ahead and moved them all down just a touch so they're not as close to the top.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 10, 2022, 05:59:34 PM-at measure 15 RH, I was wondering if you viewed beat 1's octaves more as a continuation of the rhythm in m14.  Only really asking because based off original you could put beats 3-4 of m15 up an octave to match up with beats 1-2 instead of beat 1 of measure 16.  Sorry if not super clear what I'm asking here but really just asking why you did that vs. this screenshot (plz ignore beat 3 being a quarter note)
Spoiler
[close]
I first arranged this like a year ago and I have no idea why I did that. The only thing I can think of is "oh the brass are playing so lets go an octave down for that timbre" but why wouldn't I do that for beat 1?? Anyways I moved it up an octave lol

Updated.

Bloop

Looking good! Just a few comments:
-m2, 3 and 6: Ab on beat 2.5 in the R.H. should be G
-m7: Cb on beat 2.5 in the R.H. should be Bb. Also, I think it'd make sense to write the Bb on beat 3 as A#, as you've written beat 3-4 as a F# major chord.
-m15: I hear a Gn in this bar too, maybe you can add it to the R.H. chords?
-m16: Maybe you could the lower G#'s in the R.H. on beats 1.5, 2, 3.5 and 4 in a separate layer, as these aren't part of the melody.
-m20-21: In the R.H., I hear the A and B on beat 3 and 4 of m20 and Cn on beat 1 of m21 an octave below too.
-m23: I think it makes sense to write all G#'s in this bar as Ab's (beat 1 R.H. and beat 3-4 L.H.), as this is the V7 of Eb major (which comes at the repeat).

Bloop

Awesome! The flat of the Ab in the R.H. in m23 beat 1 is missing though, selecting the note and pressing ctrl+shift+- (minus) should fix that (or just deleting and re-entering the note), but aside from that it looks good to me! I'll approve pending that ^^
You cannot view this attachment.

cashwarrior1

Static

Nice sheet
  • m1-7: The main horn melody gets lost in the texture the way you wrote, so it's unclear (unless you have heard the track previously) what the melody actually is. I would recommend writing the upper notes in its own layer, but only for the specific notes that need it. To do that without the hassle of actually using a 2nd layer (since the rhythms are shared between layers), use the Split Stem Tool under Special Tools. You can get some pretty good results with it:
  • m11 RH: Maybe some staccatos on beats 1.5 and 3.5, like in m4?
  • m14-15: I hear the diminuendo in m14, but it sounds like it crescendos a bit in m15, still just to mp though.
  • m17 RH beat 1.5 sounds like two 16th notes to me, rather than a single 8th note. I'm assuming you intentionally simplified it, which is fine.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Static on February 18, 2022, 09:56:11 AMm17 RH beat 1.5 sounds like two 16th notes to me, rather than a single 8th note. I'm assuming you intentionally simplified it, which is fine.
I didn't notice it was 16th notes but I'm gonna pretend like I didn't notice on purpose  ;D

Updated.

Static

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on February 18, 2022, 11:46:56 AMI didn't notice it was 16th notes but I'm gonna pretend like I didn't notice on purpose  ;D
Nice

I'll accept now

Zeta