News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Favourite Soundtrack per platform

Started by 607, May 17, 2017, 11:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 19, 2017, 08:01:00 PMGame Boy: Pokémon Red and Blue is the real choice, but just to mention another that's not been mentioned unless I'm mistaken, Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins. Your love for this soundtrack depends on your opinion of Totaka's main theme that he arranges about seven hundred times for the game. I love it.
When I listened to this before, I did not like it much, because of the incessant use of the same theme. However, I can appreciate it more now! It is certainly impressive how varied the arrangements are.
QuoteGame Boy Color: Pokémon Gold and Silver. There's no better entirely 8-bit soundtrack out there.
I went through this one before. I played through the game recently, though (actually, I haven't beaten it yet, I got discouraged when I heard about the Dragonites ::)), and the music was a big part of my enjoyment of the game!

QuoteGame Boy Advance: yeah, gotta go with Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, though the Ace Attorney trilogy comes really close.
I also went through this one before.

QuoteNintendo DS: I'm not claiming it's the best, but my favorite is absolutely Professor Layton and the Curious Village. It's dear to my heart for reasons beyond logic. A couple obscure ones that people might not otherwise be compelled to check out are Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and its sequel, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. Lots of cool vintage jazz sound in these games.
I enjoyed this one very very much!! It is a lot of fun. I really liked the instrumentation and atmosphere. Great harmonies, too. I'd like to pick up this game to listen to the soundtrack in context!

QuoteNintendo 3DS: It's a tricky one to narrow down because virtually every game Nintendo releases for 3DS has a stellar soundtrack. One that I don't believe any has mentioned is Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I gush about this score a lot, because it's the most perfect soundtrack ever made in terms of complementing the game it appears in. It's a basically flawless work of art and taps into why I used to get excited about video game music before I was jaded by contemporary studies.
I thought I listened to this one but upon looking at it again I'm not sure... weird, because it must have been recent if I did listen to it. :P I'll listen to it (again) and edit in my opinion!
Edit: I think I hadn't quite finished it yet, but the video got deleted from YouTube... I guess Nintendo went looking around the announcement of the new Mario & Luigi game. In any case, I'd listened to most of the soundtrack, and enjoyed it! Fun themes and great execution as usual for these games.