Game: Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Console: Game Boy
Title: Stage Theme I
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

I like that you varied the octave ranges to switch things up

• m1 the top layer should be up an octave, and you're missing another harmony line
  • m2 why is beat 1 a quarter note when beat 3 is an eighth note? I think beat 1 should be an eighth note to match everything else
  • m6 beat 3.5 sounds like it should be accented; also for the RH it should be an eighth note instead of a quarter note, and maybe even staccato'd too (same goes for measure 18); additionally, I think it would be better to change the top notes in beats 1-2 to the missing part that goes C-D-D#-E instead of doubling the LH
  • m16 RH last three notes should be D-E-F
  • m17 LH beats 1 and 3 should be raised an octave if you want to continue the same voice line
  • m18 LH beat 3.5 should be Eb(top)-G instead of E-B, and I think it would be better if the last eighth note was lowered an octave so it rises up to the C in the following measure
  • m19 LH beat 4 Gb should be G instead
  • m20 LH beat 4 should be F instead of E
  • m21 LH you could add a G below the E and F if you'd like; also beat 2.5 shouldn't be tied and should only last an eighth note
  • m24 RH beat 2 eighth note should be C-A instead of D-B [and that way it follows the chord too]
  • m25 RH beat 1 should be staccato, and you should change the lower G to a B; the last two eighth notes should also be staccato'd, and if you're going to split the beams in the LH then you should also do it in the RH
  • m25 LH beat 3.5 doesn't sound staccato'd
  • m26 LH last three eighths sound like they should be staccato'd

NineLives

All right! Sheet's been updated.
Quote from: Zeila on May 18, 2021, 02:38:29 PM
  • m6 beat 3.5 sounds like it should be accented; also for the RH it should be an eighth note instead of a quarter note, and maybe even staccato'd too (same goes for measure 18)
For this, I made the count an eighth note without accents on both hands.

Latios212

For m. 6 beat 3.5 LH, I'd suggest making that G a quarter note - it's held longer in the original. The same goes for the G in the RH of m. 18 beat 3.5.

Other stuff:
- I think the Eb in m. 6 might be better as D# (Gaug > C, the D# resolves to E in the next measure)
- G#s in m. 8 and 20 should be Ab's
- Ab in m. 11 should be G# (E7 chord)
- It's a bit difficult to follow some of the original lines since some of them were shifted around a bit to avoid collision, but the last three notes of m. 16 lead into the G in the left hand of m. 17 beat 1, so I would suggest lowering them an octave and putting them in the left hand
- Is there a reason why the LH part from m. 10 beat 3.5 until m. 14 beat 1 is an octave lower than it is in the original?

Lastly, you might want to consider clef changes for the low RH dyads in m. 1-2 and 23-24, but only if you feel it can be done in a way that doesn't look too weird messing up the contour of the parts.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Latios212

Cool. For the clef changes, they should immediately precede the first notes they apply to (the treble clefs you had were placed before an eighth rest).

Aside from that, the G#s in m. 20 still needed to be changed. I fixed those things along with the v26 articulation reset and approve!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I have fond memories of playing this game on an older cousin's gameboy pocket when I was taken to a local baseball team's game instead of watching that.

LH first
m18 b3.5 - I hear this chord as a Ebdim/Gaug and the latter makes more sense, so write it as a B+D#

RH
m3 - I hear a C harmony below the b2/b4 Es here.
m5 - same deal, but only b2 and and if you want to leave it out to emphasize b4, that's fine. 
m7 - I hear a 3rd harmony on b4 here

Otherwise, it looks great. Nice job teasing apart the layers to make it playable without overlapping.

NineLives

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2021, 01:40:26 PMOtherwise, it looks great. Nice job teasing apart the layers to make it playable without overlapping.
I'm glad you like it! Mkay, the sheet's been updated!

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot