Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man ZX Advent
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Slam Down
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jake_Luigi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jake_Luigi

I didn't forget the YouTube link this time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxjkqKRzujs

And please don't mind the words after the Slamdown parts of my file names. It's how I am differentiating the versions. :P

Edit: Heck I forgot the dynamics... I'll add that when I have to edit later down the line.

Static

• For the LH in m1-4 (and really throughout), I hear the octaves, but I also hear the 5th in the middle. Up to you whether you'd rather include that instead of the upper octave or not, but I think having all 3 would be really demanding.
  • Any time that you have a quarter tied to an 8th note on beat 1 or 3 (like m5), you can just write that as a dotted quarter. In fact you already do that in m18. It's (in this case at least) easier to read because there aren't so many ties.
  • I don't hear the lower voice in m8 RH, just in m5-7 (same for m12/16).
  • Whenever you have a chromatic grace note, the letter name should be the one before the main note. There are many spots where you have a Db grace note leading to D; those should be C# for example.
  • Grace notes should also have a slur leading to the main note.
  • When you switch to that new bassline in m17, the arrangement kind of loses that drive it had before. I think maybe you could write that whole section with 8th notes like this:
    Spoiler

You still get those accented hits, but the 8th notes help drive the piece forward.
    [close]
  • When you have a rhythm like in m33, with two 8th notes tied together on an offbeat, you can just write that as a quarter note. In 4/4, you only need to tie 8th notes together when they cross beats 2-3 (or cross a barline).
  • In m36, you should keep the parallel perfect 4th interval intact. So Gb-B should actually be F#-B in this case.

Once you do all this stuff, I can take care of the formatting for you. Pretty cool sheet

Jake_Luigi

Thanks for the feedback Static! I'll get right on it. Also, I'm actually glad you brought up the weaker bassline since that's why I hadn't submitted the sheet before now (it's been like this for about two months, I couldn't think of how to incorporate the two basslines).

Jake_Luigi

Updated the files.  ;D
Not sure if the fifths above the LH was the way to go, but I would need a second opinion.

Static

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on March 17, 2021, 05:37:12 PMNot sure if the fifths above the LH was the way to go, but I would need a second opinion.
It's merely a suggestion, you don't have to of course. After watching FiKtaH play it tonight, I think the 5ths would be slightly easier to play than the octaves you had before, since you can swap fingers for the 16ths.

Here's some files for you, with the entire sheet reformatted. I made a few additional changes as well:
  • According to VGMdB, the title should actually be "Slam Down" like in that video title. I changed the title on the sheet and in the submission thread.
  • Upon closer inspection, the As and Es in that opening LH riff should both be flat.
  • The last 8th note in m8 and similar measures should be G instead of Gb.
  • Rhythm changed from tied notes to a dotted quarter on beat 3 of m7 RH and similar measures.
  • Sounds like there should be a grace note before the whole note in m17 RH and similar measures.
  • m43-45, 47-48 RH sounds like it should be a similar pattern to the previous measures, but G-D-G instead.
  • Added slurs to a few grace notes that didn't have them.
  • Added Inti Creates as a developer.
If the new files look good to you, then go ahead and upload those.

Jake_Luigi

Okay, uploaded. Just addressing your feedback:
  • I wasn't thinking about playability, so you're right about using fifths rather than octaves for sure
  • Yeah, the title was confusing . The Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection on current-gen consoles list the song as Slamdown in the music menu. I didn't know which source to use.
  • Bruhhhh I spent like a half hour on that note in particular and still got it wrong whyyyy
  • See previous bullet point
  • I guess I missed that...
  • You're correct, I forgot/didn't hear those
  • Yeah, your version is definitely correct
  • I missed some? Darn.
  • Good idea
Thanks Static  ;D

Static

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on March 17, 2021, 09:08:27 PMOkay, uploaded. Just addressing your feedback:
Yeah, the title was confusing . The Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection on current-gen consoles list the song as Slamdown in the music menu. I didn't know which source to use.
Oh, interesting... Since the CD listing came first, and has officially translated English titles I think we should just go by that.

Edit: forgot to mention, approved

Latios212

Feedback!

- Page headers have inconsistent titles
- There are a bunch of LH notes flipped downwards for some reason... here's what they should look like (similar in other places too)
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
This also allows the 8va lines to be moved up a bit so they're not as close to the next system on the last page.
- The grace note slurs could be adjusted a bit in m. 17/21/25/29 - the default positioning is a bit odd
- I think m. 41-42 and 45-46 would be better written as power chords - so fifth intervals in the lowest layer. This is consistent with the fifth of the chord being used in the right hand as well.
- I would recommend spelling the Db-Ab dyads in m. 34, 38, and 39 as C#-G# instead, as neighboring chromatic tones to the D and A which the melody comes from and goes back to.

Here's a link to files with the above stuff fixed. Lemme know if it looks good to you and I'll accept if there aren't any further concerns!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Jake_Luigi

Thanks for the feedback Lat! In class rn but I'll letcha know if it's all good as soon as I'm available.

Jake_Luigi

Latios212

Awesome :) reuploaded the files for you. Accepting!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot