News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[NES] Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom - "Ending / Staff Roll" by Jacopo Tore & Giacomo Catgiu

Started by Zeta, March 03, 2021, 06:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Ending / Staff Roll
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Giacomo Catgiu

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

This was originally a PC game, but I only video I could find of it was this, which doesn't have any sound. I'm not too familiar with this game, but I think it's safe to assume the music is unique to the NES version.
  • The developer was Hudson Soft, not Hot-B.
  • Copyright year should be 1988, since that was the original release year of the NES version.
  • The right margins on the 2nd page don't match the 1st page.
  • The tempo marking in m16 could be moved down a bit so it's closer to the 4th system than the 3rd.
  • m36, 40 LH beat 3: G#s should be Abs because the bassline moves down chromatically (you could also consider this an implied bVI or iv6 chord).
  • m41 LH beat 3: The F#s should be Gbs because the bassline moves down chromatically.
  • m43 RH: It might be better to only have the trill on the D because it's pretty tricky to play two trills at once with one hand, or at least I don't think it would result in the sound you're looking for (it would sound more like a tremolo with all 4 notes).

JacopoTore

Quote from: Static on March 03, 2021, 01:47:38 PMThis was originally a PC game, but I only video I could find of it was this, which doesn't have any sound. I'm not too familiar with this game, but I think it's safe to assume the music is unique to the NES version.
  • The developer was Hudson Soft, not Hot-B.
  • Copyright year should be 1988, since that was the original release year of the NES version.
  • The right margins on the 2nd page don't match the 1st page.
  • The tempo marking in m16 could be moved down a bit so it's closer to the 4th system than the 3rd.
  • m36, 40 LH beat 3: G#s should be Abs because the bassline moves down chromatically (you could also consider this an implied bVI or iv6 chord).
  • m41 LH beat 3: The F#s should be Gbs because the bassline moves down chromatically.
  • m43 RH: It might be better to only have the trill on the D because it's pretty tricky to play two trills at once with one hand, or at least I don't think it would result in the sound you're looking for (it would sound more like a tremolo with all 4 notes).

Thank you so much Static! I did everything! (even if I would have left the f# instead the Gb)

Static

Looks good, but one last thing... Since the G#s and F#s aren't there, you don't need to have the natural signs in m37/41/42. Other than that, I don't have anything else to say.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Static on March 08, 2021, 01:43:13 PMLooks good, but one last thing... Since the G#s and F#s aren't there, you don't need to have the natural signs in m37/41/42. Other than that, I don't have anything else to say.
Thank you Static! I did it!

Libera

Some things:

-The rall. moto in bar 11 is a little ambiguous because it's so close to the stave above.  It may be better to place it in between the staves.
-New dynamic in 19?  Maybe mf?
-The F in the RH of bar 42 (beat 3) should be an F#.
-The F in the RH of bar 43 (beat 1) should be a G.  Also you should put an extra G D dyad on beat 3 rather than just holding the trill.
-Double barline in bar 15? (For going into the 4/4 section).
-url/copyright and mini title/page numbers aren't aligned to the margins.
-I think it'd look neater with bar 19 on the previous system, i.e. like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Libera

Some of the things I mentioned still aren't fixed.  I can upload the file with changes myself if you're having trouble with changing anything, let me know if you'd like that.

JacopoTore

Libera

Zeta