Game: Octopath Traveler
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: The Gate of Finis
Instrumentation Piano Duet
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

One of my absolute favorites from Octopath...

I generally try to avoid using four staves where possible, but this track is perfectly suited to a four hands duet. Four distinct parts that don't collide, none of which are empty for long, and which are easy and natural to play for both the lower and upper performers.

Now if only I had someone to play it with :P

Note: the harmonies are pretty thick here so I had a bit of difficulty in places, but I think I'm pretty happy with how what I ended up writing sounded.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

As always, nice to see another Octopath sheet...
  • Not sure how I feel about removing the upper octave on that 16th ostinato (at least at the beginning), but it sounds fine with just the lower one too.
  • When the strings come in at m21, I think they could use accent markings on beats 1, 2.5 and 4. Also there should be a crescendo into m29.
  • The bass part still exists in the m29 section, but it it's just a lot softer and mellower. Maybe just add it as single notes in Secondo LH or add the notes into the Primo LH chords (wouldn't change much except adding a C to m29 and 33).

Latios212

Thanks for looking!

- I think that was an effort on my part to keep the ostinato consistent throughout the sheet, as while that would work fine at the beginning it could conflict with the melody later on and I wanted to keep the line droning on the whole time. Hope that's alright?
- Ah yeah that would make things clearer. Added the stuff (it sounds to me like the crescendo is contained to within m. 29 though I think).
- Ooh yeah that sounds good. Adding them to the LH as single notes!

Updated the files with the above :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot