News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Conversion help!

Started by MaiBlu, June 02, 2020, 08:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiBlu

Hey there,
I am a new member. I've got a few arrangements I'd like to submit for Space Station Silicon Valley (N64) - this game has such an underrated soundtrack! I should have a few scores finalized in the coming weeks.
I'm currently using MuseScore on a Mac, which means that I am capable of doing pretty much everything that's required, except exporting as a .mus file. Notepad is not available for Mac, which complicates things a little.  Could someone help me out with the conversion, or have an idea of what I could do?
Thanks in advance! I've been using this site for years, so I'm stoked to potentially be submitting my work!

JDMEK5

Hi there; welcome! I remember having that exact same problem when I first showed up and making a similar request. It's a fairly common problem that we're still ever trying to work out a solution to.

To address your specific situation, why don't you PM me some of your finished stuff (or even just one) and I'll take a look at it? I suspect that many parts of the submission process might as well take place during the conversion process. Not much point in doing an exact replica of a score in a different program just to submit it and then have to change a whole bunch of things (potentially) afterwards.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26