Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Odyssey
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Tostarena Ruins
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

I promised Latios I would submit this one, and if I don't right now I'll probably forget... so here it is.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on October 23, 2019, 05:52:42 PMI promised Latios I would submit this one, and if I don't right now I'll probably forget... so here it is.
;)

- Any reason why the RH isn't an octave up at the beginning?
- m. 9 and 13 have an unusually large amount of space added to the start
- I suggest writing in a dotted quarter in m. 26 beat 3 to condense things a bit
- I think m. 55 should just be a F# strike in the right hand instead of the tied over chord
- LH beat 4 in m. 42 sounds like it should be F#-C#
- Is the dyad in m. 57-58 an addition of yours? I don't hear it in the original, though it fits nicely. There's also some C#-F# offbeats in the bass clef you could add regardless that play with the RH offbeat notes.

Looks awesome, thanks for this one!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2019, 05:51:09 PM- Any reason why the RH isn't an octave up at the beginning?
Nope, fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2019, 05:51:09 PM- m. 9 and 13 have an unusually large amount of space added to the start
This was probably something from another sheet. I use older sheets as templates, but it can sometimes backfire like this lol

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2019, 05:51:09 PM- I suggest writing in a dotted quarter in m. 26 beat 3 to condense things a bit
I made the middle 2 quarter notes a half note instead. I edited some other rhythms a bit too so everything is more consistent.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2019, 05:51:09 PM- I think m. 55 should just be a F# strike in the right hand instead of the tied over chord
Fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2019, 05:51:09 PM- LH beat 4 in m. 42 sounds like it should be F#-C#
Fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2019, 05:51:09 PM- Is the dyad in m. 57-58 an addition of yours? I don't hear it in the original, though it fits nicely. There's also some C#-F# offbeats in the bass clef you could add regardless that play with the RH offbeat notes.
There's an ambient F#maj chord that plays in the background of that part. I don't want to add the lower notes there so the LH part makes more of an impact in m59.

I also changed the title to just "Tostarena Ruins" since that is what it's named on the OST.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Is this the first SMO sheet I've checked?

No.

Is it the last?

Maybe.

Looks pretty sweet just a few things:

-The url/page numbers/ subtitle aren't aligned to the margin.
-The harmony isn't included very consistently in 42-46.  It looks like it pretty much moves in fifths with the main line you've written in.
-The D.S. could be a little further from the staff.

Static

Quote from: Libera on November 20, 2019, 04:43:17 PM-The url/page numbers/ subtitle aren't aligned to the margin.
-The harmony isn't included very consistently in 42-46.  It looks like it pretty much moves in fifths with the main line you've written in.
-The D.S. could be a little further from the staff.
Fixed the first and third things, kept the harmonies the same in m42-46 since that's what that voice does. There are other notes too on beats 3-4 of some of those measures, but I left them out because they have different rhythms and I want to keep that section as clear and open as the rest of the sheet.

Libera

That's fair enough.  I'm happy here, happy enough to accept anyway.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot