News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[NES] Final Fantasy II - "Castle Pandemonium" (Replacement) by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, November 03, 2019, 05:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy II
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Castle Pandemonium
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Static

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 03, 2019, 05:26:22 PMMight as well finish replacing FF2...
A very noble goal indeed.

Great arrangement, I just have a few things:
  • I think the RH 2nd layer in m9-11 would be better in the LH like in m13-14, or maybe just the lower notes. Feel free to play around with the note moving and cross beaming tools.
  • The grace notes in m16 are kinda awkward to play with a 16th note line underneath all with one hand, so you might just want to make them normal 16th notes (and the note before it a dotted quarter). I think the overall sound stays pretty much the same.
  • Some slurs on the grace notes would be nice.
  • You have enough room at the bottom to give the staves a little bit more space in between.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on November 05, 2019, 07:31:22 PM
  • I think the RH 2nd layer in m9-11 would be better in the LH like in m13-14, or maybe just the lower notes. Feel free to play around with the note moving and cross beaming tools.
  • The grace notes in m16 are kinda awkward to play with a 16th note line underneath all with one hand, so you might just want to make them normal 16th notes (and the note before it a dotted quarter). I think the overall sound stays pretty much the same.
  • Some slurs on the grace notes would be nice.
  • You have enough room at the bottom to give the staves a little bit more space in between.
Done. Let me know what you think.

Static

Zeta