Game: Super Mario 3D World
Console: Wii U
Title: Footlight Lane
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Radiak488417

[attachment deleted by admin]

Radiak488417

Space Junk Galaxy part 3, anyone?

I'm having some difficulties implementing proper pedal playback in NotePad (namely pickups), and there doesn't seem to be a way to hide pedal markings for the pedal simile. If someone could help me with those things, that would be great.

Static

Hey, great sheet you have here! It works really nicely on piano.

I went ahead and made some changes for you since you said you have NotePad:
  • Adjusted page margins and system spacing to give the sheet a more even look. I also adjusted the copyright info text size since it was a little too small compared to everything else.
  • Added working (hidden) pedal markings throughout the sheet, as requested.
  • Added a slur to the grace notes in m19 RH.

If you approve of these changes, I'll also approve.

Libera

Looks really good, notes and all.  Just a couple of small comments:

-Finale defaults to flipping all layer 1 notes up if there are any layer 2 notes present but that's not always what you want to do.  Since layer 2 is only really there for the start of the bar you'll want to flip a lot of the left hand stuff the normal direction.  Here's a file to show the stems how I think they should go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fourh104q7kdhk4/Footlight%20Lane%20%28Libera%20edit%29.mus?dl=1 (There was a lot so I didn't want to list them all.)
-The rolls in bars 11 and 21 could do with a little more space at the start of the bar to accommodate them.  Incidentally I also fixed that in the above file, so if you want to use it, go ahead!

Radiak488417

Quote from: Libera on August 04, 2019, 03:54:15 PM-Finale defaults to flipping all layer 1 notes up if there are any layer 2 notes present but that's not always what you want to do.  Since layer 2 is only really there for the start of the bar you'll want to flip a lot of the left hand stuff the normal direction.

Ah, thanks for that! I actually did have them flipped down, but the XML import must have flipped them back. Files have been updated.

mastersuperfan

Obligatory "move the beginning of the 8va over to the left a bit more" in m11.

m18 would probably appreciate a load of courtesy naturals.

Change the half notes in m3 and m7 so that they don't cut across beats (i.e. use dotted quarters). Although, to be honest, I don't really see any reason not to just extend a lot of the notes in this sheet in place of having all these rests, since the pedal makes it sound like there aren't any rests anyways. For example, from m3 onwards, I would personally make the last note in each LH measure a dotted half instead of a dotted quarter, and similarly eliminate the rests in the RH. It wouldn't really change how it sounds, but it would make the visuals reflect the tone better, I think.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Radiak488417

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 08, 2019, 05:52:42 PMObligatory "move the beginning of the 8va over to the left a bit more" in m11.

m18 would probably appreciate a load of courtesy naturals.

Change the half notes in m3 and m7 so that they don't cut across beats (i.e. use dotted quarters).

make the last note in each LH measure a dotted half instead of a dotted quarter, and similarly eliminate the rests in the RH.

Done, done, done and done. Updated.

Libera

Edits look great to me!  I just noticed that Static added an musx file earlier that you've been unable to update, so I just did that for you.  While I was there I also edited the spacings around the brackets in bar 16 and also I gave the roll on beat 2 of bar 20 a little more space.  I hope those tiny edits are alright with you, as I know that you're unable to make those tiny spacing adjustments in notepad.  It's an approve from me!

Static

Quote from: Libera on August 11, 2019, 01:55:02 PMEdits look great to me!  I just noticed that Static added an musx file earlier that you've been unable to update, so I just did that for you.  While I was there I also edited the spacings around the brackets in bar 16 and also I gave the roll on beat 2 of bar 20 a little more space.  I hope those tiny edits are alright with you, as I know that you're unable to make those tiny spacing adjustments in notepad.  It's an approve from me!
Ah, sorry about the .musx! I always add them out of habit, so thanks for letting me know.

Everything looks great here! The only thing I changed was adding a dashed line in m14 to indicate the voice from beat 3 to beat 4 from the RH to the LH. With that out of the way, I now will accept this sheet.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot