Game: Mega Man 4
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Title Screen
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Some things I thought I'd mention about this sheet:

- the custom NES reverb made transcribing m. 5 - 8 a little tricky, but I think what I got is accurate
- technically there is a scoop on beat 1.5 of m. 9, but I opted out of using a grace note(s) because of the glissando from beat 1
- adding onto grace notes for scoops ^^, for some reason I'm hearing a finalized pitch for the top of each scooped dyad as a D flat for all cases except m. 9's. Can anyone verify this?
- second layer from m. 15 - 18 is a little iffy. Tell me if that looks right or not
- there is a hidden third staff in order to make that last glissando possible for MIDI (because I like to overdo certain things :-\)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 16, 2019, 06:45:55 PM- the custom NES reverb made transcribing m. 5 - 8 a little tricky, but I think what I got is accurate

It also made it difficult to check, but I think it's accurate too.

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 16, 2019, 06:45:55 PM- second layer from m. 15 - 18 is a little iffy. Tell me if that looks right or not

It's accurate for sure, but I'm it's kind of awkward to play.  Maybe you could bring the D on beat 3 in bar 15 up an octave so it doesn't cross over the staff?  That one is arguable either way, but I strongly think that the second layer in bar 17 (beat 3 and 4) would be better up the octave since it still sits under the melody that way and is way less awkward to play.

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 16, 2019, 06:45:55 PMadding onto grace notes for scoops ^^, for some reason I'm hearing a finalized pitch for the top of each scooped dyad as a D flat for all cases except m. 9's. Can anyone verify this?

This was messing with my head as well so I got out the old frequency analyser and I can confirm that you are not going insane.  For some reason or another the one in bar 9 stops at a higher frequency than the others and ends up closer to a Dn than a Db.

Other than those things, this looks great to me. 

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on June 23, 2019, 11:50:02 AMIt's accurate for sure, but I'm it's kind of awkward to play.  Maybe you could bring the D on beat 3 in bar 15 up an octave so it doesn't cross over the staff?  That one is arguable either way, but I strongly think that the second layer in bar 17 (beat 3 and 4) would be better up the octave since it still sits under the melody that way and is way less awkward to play.

Ok, what I did was move those second layer melodies up an octave so it didn't interfere with the LH as much. How does that look?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 30, 2019, 11:19:47 AMOk, what I did was move those second layer melodies up an octave so it didn't interfere with the LH as much. How does that look?

It looks....

awesome.

Latios212

Coolbeans, just a couple small things:

- I'd recommend spelling the G# in m. 6 as an Ab (neighboring accidental to the G)
- It seems odd that the grace notes are both in one layer where the voices are split elsewhere in the measure (m. 11/14/16), maybe split those out too? This would take a bit of manual adjusting but I think it'd look better
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on June 30, 2019, 11:43:46 AMCoolbeans, just a couple small things:

- I'd recommend spelling the G# in m. 6 as an Ab (neighboring accidental to the G)
- It seems odd that the grace notes are both in one layer where the voices are split elsewhere in the measure (m. 11/14/16), maybe split those out too? This would take a bit of manual adjusting but I think it'd look better

- good catch, fixed
- I thought about doing this during the writing of the first draft, but I couldn't get both layers to match up their grace notes' horizontal positions. This time around, however, I made my first use of the Note Mover tool, and now that's taken care of!

Thanks for the feedback, guys! One more thing to ask: for the lower melody moving from m. 17 to 18, I made the F at the end of it part of the first layer as opposed to the second, and flipped it. Does that work?

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot