[DELETED] [NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - "Detention Center ~ Elegy of the Detai

Started by Zeta, January 06, 2018, 11:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Archived for inactivity

Please resubmit when these changes have been put into effect.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 17, 2018, 10:25:13 AMFinal notes (I think):

-Even in 6/8, you can still beam 10-13 in 3/4 without a time change. That's not unusual to see in pieces like this. Personally I think it would be easier to read that way. Up to you.
-Measures 15 and 17 have a harmony of G minor, so the A#'s need to be Bb's.
-Measures 18-19 have a harmony of E half diminished, so the A#'s need to be Bb's.
-The second layer in 10-13 doesn't capture the harmonic changes from the original as well as it could, and I think this is because of the inversions you used. I would recommend that you rewrite it to maintain the lowest voice as the bass as it was in the original. The B in 11 should also be a C, which is also contributing to this.
-In adition to the above bullet, the LH in that section is also a contributor to that issue. Methinks that should be much higher, like where the bells would naturally sound. They also contain more notes than just the root and fifth (check out my example below).
-I think the dynamics could use some tweaking. Piano seams more appropriate for the outer two sections. The section at 10 could come up some more since it is so different.

Below is a version of this sheet with the suggested changes listed above. Use it as you please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8quc1ncokehv95a/elegy12345.mus?dl=1