News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Super Long Loops

Started by LeviR.star, November 20, 2016, 01:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

I recently started transcribing Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge's Wily Stage 1; it was easy, for the most part, but then I noticed that even though the same treble pattern kept repeating, the bass line didn't often keep a pattern. The loop is nearly 5 minutes long. Any suggestions on where I should put repeat signs and how long each section should be?

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Even though the texture of the bass line changes throughout the piece, I think it's safe to say that the bassline itself is the same all through the song. I say notate it how it is in the first loop of the treble line, drop a repeat sign there and call it good. You could maybe add a note to the sheet with suggestions on different ways to play the bassline (or something like, put staccatos above the bassline notes in the first few measures, then put parentheses around them and write "simile"). I don't think it's necessary to extend the sheet for 3+ loops just to include all of the variations.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on November 20, 2016, 07:40:44 PMEven though the texture of the bass line changes throughout the piece, I think it's safe to say that the bassline itself is the same all through the song. I say notate it how it is in the first loop of the treble line, drop a repeat sign there and call it good. You could maybe add a note to the sheet with suggestions on different ways to play the bassline (or something like, put staccatos above the bassline notes in the first few measures, then put parentheses around them and write "simile"). I don't think it's necessary to extend the sheet for 3+ loops just to include all of the variations.

Ok, sounds good, thank you! By the way, I recently named a Geodude I caught after you!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 21, 2016, 04:02:58 PMBy the way, I recently named a Geodude I caught after you!
I'm, um...flattered?

it had better not be an alolan geodude because alolan golem is freaking ugly
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on November 21, 2016, 04:39:54 PMI'm, um...flattered?

it had better not be an alolan geodude because alolan golem is freaking ugly

Nah, Pokemon Blue. I was running out of creative ideas.  :P

Olimar12345

Just want to say that I disagree with Dudeman, and think that the accompaniment variations should be included, especially if you intend to submit it to the site. I would suggest playing around with writing it in a manner that condenses the material though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 21, 2016, 09:53:05 PMJust want to say that I disagree with Dudeman, and think that the accompaniment variations should be included, especially if you intend to submit it to the site. I would suggest playing around with writing it in a manner that condenses the material though.

Ok, I'm on it!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 21, 2016, 09:53:05 PMJust want to say that I disagree with Dudeman, and think that the accompaniment variations should be included, especially if you intend to submit it to the site. I would suggest playing around with writing it in a manner that condenses the material though.

And by the way, the slightly older version is in my Personal Arrangements topic, so if you would like to critique the note values and such, I'd appreciate it!

Olimar12345

Thank you, I would love to take a look!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!