Help with xml files

Started by Kanshi Talon, November 14, 2016, 05:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanshi Talon

I have almost the entire soundtrack to Dragon Quest 9 transposed for piano, and I'm trying to upload it here. The only problem is that I did it all in Guitar Pro 6, which means that I can't export it as a .mus file. I CAN export as an xml file, but when I load them into finale notepad, they are only the first few measures, and they don't play sound. Am I doing something wrong?

E. Gadd Industries

Ummm... .XML files are really screwy in general when being ported onto NotePad (I've had my round of troubles with them, too, but I don't believe something to that caliber has happened). As far as how to fix them, I'm not sure; mine were mostly formatting junk, which were easily fixable. Also, not sure if this helps or if it's even accurate, but I exported mine from MuseScore, and I'm not familiar with Guitar Pro 6, so the difference in program may be causing the huge difference in XML errors. Sorry I couldn't help much :/
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

If it comes out as a mess of notes overlapping, you can simply copy-paste the notes on to another MUS file, export that to another program, export back again to NotePad, and it should work out.

If it only comes out as those first few measures you should try importing it in another notation software (like MuseScore). If it works, then you should export it to NotePad. If you are using MuseScore and errors persist, save a copy of the MuseScore file and export from that copy instead.

If all else fails you will likely have to re-notate the arrangements onto another notation software. If it's not a Finale product (excluding NotePad), you will have to ask someone else to format it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.