[PC] Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object - "Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship" b

Started by Zeta, November 16, 2016, 07:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object
Console: PC
Title: Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Maelstrom

m2 beat 3, LH - The 2nd En is a C (Also in 86)
m10 (and elsewhere, where the section repeats) LH beats 3,4 Sounds like a 5th (Db+Bb)
m11 (and elsewhere) LH beat 2 - I can't hear the bassline come back down to the Bb. You notated it as a 16th after the 8th.
m10 (B2), 11 (B4) (AE) LH - In each of these sets of 16th notes, I hear nothing where you notated the 3rd. It's just a rest in the original.
m69, 79, and the next system. The bassline isn't as simple as you made it sound. Listen again.

That's it for now.

As always, great arrangement.

Static

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2016, 07:27:10 PMm2 beat 3, LH - The 2nd En is a C (Also in 86)
I'm not hearing the C, it just sounds like the En repeats.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2016, 07:27:10 PMm10 (and elsewhere, where the section repeats) LH beats 3,4 Sounds like a 5th (Db+Bb)
Fixed.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2016, 07:27:10 PMm11 (and elsewhere) LH beat 2 - I can't hear the bassline come back down to the Bb. You notated it as a 16th after the 8th.
I'm hearing the bassline go back down there, although its rather hard to hear.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2016, 07:27:10 PMm10 (B2), 11 (B4) (AE) LH - In each of these sets of 16th notes, I hear nothing where you notated the 3rd. It's just a rest in the original.
Again, these are super hard to hear, but they're there. Actually in measure 10 (and other measures like it), there's also a G in addition to the Dn, but I didn't include that to make the piece more playable.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2016, 07:27:10 PMm69, 79, and the next system. The bassline isn't as simple as you made it sound. Listen again.
I think what you're hearing is the bass drum or something rather than the bassline itself, which is what I have transcribed. I like your idea though, so I may go back and spice up the LH part there once I think of a nice way to implement the percussion accents.

Thanks for taking a look at the sheet!

Latios212

Quote from: Static on December 09, 2016, 09:35:54 PMI'm not hearing the C, it just sounds like the En repeats.
Slowing it down a lot; I'm sure that the E is held for the duration of a half note. The C very faintly strikes on beat 4, not sure if it's worth including.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 09, 2016, 07:27:10 PMm11 (and elsewhere) LH beat 2 - I can't hear the bassline come back down to the Bb. You notated it as a 16th after the 8th.
I hear that.

Quote from: Static on December 09, 2016, 09:35:54 PMAgain, these are super hard to hear, but they're there. Actually in measure 10 (and other measures like it), there's also a G in addition to the Dn, but I didn't include that to make the piece more playable.
Not hearing those in the bass. Unless maybe they're from another voice in which case, seems fine.

Quote from: Static on December 09, 2016, 09:35:54 PMI like your idea though, so I may go back and spice up the LH part there once I think of a nice way to implement the percussion accents.
Done or will do? This is close to being accepted.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on December 11, 2016, 01:44:55 PMNot hearing those in the bass. Unless maybe they're from another voice in which case, seems fine.
I originally thought I heard those extra notes in the bassline, but I think it is another voice in the lower register that sounds similar. Either way, the notes are there and I left those them in.

Quote from: Static on December 09, 2016, 09:35:54 PMI like your idea though, so I may go back and spice up the LH part there once I think of a nice way to implement the percussion accents.
I ended up deciding against this idea, mostly because I want bars 69-84 to match in style with bars 33-48. I don't think adding more notes to the LH there would make those sections is necessary.

Edit: Oh yeah, also I went through the arrangement again and did some quick note/chord fixes, so those should be good now.

Latios212

Measure 2/86 though?

Quote from: Latios212 on December 11, 2016, 01:44:55 PMSlowing it down a lot; I'm sure that the E is held for the duration of a half note. The C very faintly strikes on beat 4, not sure if it's worth including.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Oops, sorry about that lol

I don't think the E is held down in those measures. I'm hearing the same dotted 8th-16th & 8th tie-8th rhythm as the notes above it.

Also, I'm still not really hearing the C? Idk it might be there, but I don't think it's worth notating because it's so faint.

Static

Sorry about that E lol, I was looking at the RH for some reason instead of the LH part.
Everything should be fixed now, including some minor note-flipping issues.

Thanks for the feedback/help on this one you guys!

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta