Game: Super Paper Mario
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: The Open Plane
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

E. Gadd Industries

It's been a while, but is that the Bitlands main theme?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Static

Sebastian

Man, this is a wonderful arrangement. I'm very impressed, especially with the challenge that Super Paper Mario music offers.

I know you asked me to look this one over on skype, and I originally didn't see anything, but I just noticed a couple things when I re-listened to it just now. :P

- M. 9 second layer (RH). I hear some more 16ths before that leading up to the ones you do have. Same with M. 13. I assume you didn't include them for playability reasons? If so, that's a perfectly valid reason.
- M. 16 (RH): The accidental (Eb) is barely clashing with the note to its left. You can move it to the right 1 or 2 clicks with the Accidental Mover Tool. (Special Tools > Accidental Mover Tool.)
- The dynamics in M. 33 and similar don't need to be above the system (especially if there is only one hand playing.)

Other than that, amazing work. I've been having one heck of a time listening to your arrangements and submissions and I'm astonished at how good you are for being so new!

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on August 25, 2016, 08:10:48 AMMan, this is a wonderful arrangement. I'm very impressed, especially with the challenge that Super Paper Mario music offers.

First of all thank you! I appreciate it! tbh I didn't think it would turn out that well.

About the second layer stuff in m. 9 & 13, you are correct.
Also, I moved the flat to the right a bit in m. 16 and some of the dynamics on the last page when needed. I kept the top-staff dynamics in m. 37-38 to clarify that the L.H. is still playing louder there at a constant mp.

Bespinben

Feathered beaming ftw! Man you rock.

*M. 19 -- C naturals should be B# (reason: G# dominant seventh augmented 5th; chromatic neighboring tone also applicable)
*M. 20 -- C to B#; Ab to G#; Db to C#; (beat 2.25 only) Bb to A#
*M. 33, 34 -- Ab to G#
*M. 37, 38 -- G to Fx
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Static

Fixed those accidentals, as well as wrong L.H. note I noticed in m. 27.

Thanks for the help you guys!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm gonna use M. 33 to point out something I've noticed in this arrangement as a whole; slight emptiness.
There's a soft accompaniment in there that you haven't put it, and as a result, the sixths sounds just empty. This is kinda prevalent throughout the piece.

Other than that, though.. Great job!
what is shitpost

Bespinben

There is a bit of sparsity in general, but not to the extent that it is a detriment to the musicality of the arrangement. Latios212 would agree as well. I do have a few comments still about the engraving though:

*Hiding the rests and flipping the ties in m.2 would facilitate a more symmetric layout:
Spoiler
[close]

*M. 16 -- use the Note Position tool to move the LH's Eb in beat 4.25 ever so slightly to the right. The accidental marking is a little too squished right now.

*M. 19 (and start of 20) -- there are a lot of collisions that could be absolved with the Note Position tool. Mess around a bit.

*M. 20 -- Manually flip the tie in the top note of RH beat 2.5 upwards (Ctrl + F)

*M. 21 -- Nudge the half rest in the RH up a bit. Two clicks, preferably.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Static

All of those problems should be fixed now, although I wasn't exactly sure on how to format measures 19-20.

Latios212

It's okay; they look great! (So does the whole sheet, haha.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot