Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Butter Building
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

[attachment deleted by admin]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Beautiful sheet. I always shied away from this track thinking it was too complicated for solo piano but you're showing me it can be done! I'm totally gonna learn this...

- I think it'd look better if "Hirokazu" was moved to the second line of the composer info.
- 20: I'd shift the RH eighth note on beat 2 over a little to the right as well.
- 30: Move eighth rest in LH back onto staff?
- 32: I feel like the second two LH notes would be more naturally played by the RH. You're free to disagree.
- 52: Flip the middle tie. I'd also suggest flipping the bottom tie on the last note in 21.
- Overall you've done a great job at balancing and interweaving the bass and piano voices to create a texture that sounds full even though a lot is omitted. However, I think a couple of sections could use a little more bass, particularly measure 41 (where melody can be played with the RH on beat 1-2) and maybe a couple other places, but I wouldn't push it too hard as the sheet is already quite difficult lol.
- Sometimes it's a bit difficult to tell where exactly the melody is (ex. measure 47), but I don't think that can be helped with a sheet with such wacky parts all over the place like this. I'd much rather have clarity of execution, so that's good. Though one part I don't particularly like is where the bass obscures the melody in 22.
- Perhaps pedal usage from the section starting at measure 17 (maybe others too) would be nice. At least that's how I've been doing it while trying it out.

Probably will have more feedback after I spend some more time testing it out.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Measure 2's LH part (the bass) definitely doesn't sounds staccato to me. I'd put a slur over all of that measure.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 03, 2016, 11:55:37 PMMeasure 2's LH part (the bass) definitely doesn't sounds staccato to me. I'd put a slur over all of that measure.

It's not the bass. It's the piano.

Will get Latios' suggestions implemented soon.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bespinben

I love this song, this arrangement, and the surprise of you getting REALLY good all the sudden. Like, woah!

Couple enharmonic spelling fixes:

*M. 4 -- Ab should be G# (5th of Caug, instead of root of Ab aug; function of chord is dominant)
*M. 12 -- ^Ditto " "

*M. 32 -- Gb should be F# (#11 extension of V7)
*M. 56 -- ^Ditto " "

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on July 04, 2016, 09:46:02 PMI love this song, this arrangement, and the surprise of you getting REALLY good all the sudden. Like, woah!

Couple enharmonic spelling fixes:

*M. 4 -- Ab should be G# (5th of Caug, instead of root of Ab aug; function of chord is dominant)
*M. 12 -- ^Ditto " "

*M. 32 -- Gb should be F# (#11 extension of V7)
*M. 56 -- ^Ditto " "

Updated.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot