The "Fixing the Sheets" Project - Super Mario 64

Started by Latios212, September 19, 2015, 09:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 30, 2016, 12:10:25 PMOn the topic of layer usage:

when I use layers 3,4 it's ether because:
1)It's one of my older sheets where I had the idea of using layer 2 for LH and layer 3 for RH, later I realized that it was completely pointless so I started using layer 2 instead, only higher layers if I need to.
2) I actually use more layers for playback purpose, to bring out a melody using a layer or something like that.

Also I do not see the importance of making everything in layer 1 or 2 if possible, because it's literally a mus-file thing, so if you print the pdf you wont see any colors. And it doesn't help if people want to edit the sheet or something like that, so I think those measures Seb pointed out can be as they are.

lol of course that's what I say, it doesn't really matter xD
I was just joking about me just accidentally leaving 4-5 measures while in some cases you have left entire passages and has never been an issue lol

Quote from: Sebastian on January 30, 2016, 10:06:20 AMDon't forget 5, 6, 11, 12, & 17.

Why? Not that it doesn't matter at all, but those are actually from the second voice lol

Olimar12345

They separate layers have other functions than just their color and the ability to add more notes to a measure. for example, certain layers have automatic beam and articulation directions, depending on which one you use (like how layer one ops up and layer two ops down). There really is no need to use any layer besides layer 1 if you only need one layer, and in the past we've had arrangers do that for submissions.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Olimar12345

Project complete, archiving this topic. Thanks for everyone's hard work! C:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!